Bernafon Acriva

I play acoustic guitar as well, and will be getting a pair of Acrivas very soon. Did you need to have any custom settings to get the natural sound from your guitar. What setting do you use when you play?

Just picked up my new set of Bernafon Acriva 9 yesterday. Compared to my Oticon Epoq, they are fantastic!! Can hug my wife now without aids squealing! I really enjoy NOT having molds in my ears!

In all, the Audi spent about 4 hours with me – as compared to about one hours the expensive Audi spent with me when I purchased the Epoq. Very professional. The noisy Costco store seems an odd place to buy a nice set of aids, but with the background noise, it is actually a realistic place to get aids. So instead of spending $6200 for a top-of-line Oticon Alta Pro I spent $2500 for a top-of-line Bernafon. Only had them in my ear for one day but they are at least as good as the Alta Pro. And the time and attention of the fitting by the Audi was way superior to the local hearing place I have been using for 25 years or more.

I’ve only had these aids for one day, but as I understand it, the Tele circuit kicks in whenever there is a magnetic signal. that is, even when I am in the stand Multi Program and answer the phone (with tele coil), I get signal through the coil pickup.

I am quite impressed with these new Acriva 9 aids . . …

wildbill

I have been wearing my Bernafon Acriva 9 RITE open domes for a little over a week now. I am very impressed with the sound in the automatic program. This program works well in any situation. I can finally understand what people are saying when watching TV and music sounds great. The first set of batteries lasted eight (15 to 16 hour) days.

wildbill, I will pick up my Acriva 9s tomorrow. Does the telecoil come in the aids themselves or is it one of the 4 programs?

Glad to hear that you like them!

I have been trialing a pair of Bernafon Acriva 9’s fromCostco for about a month. I have beenhappy with the “Multi-Environment” and the “Conversation in Noise” programs. Music in the “Multi-Environment” programsounds very good. I was expecting it tosound even better in the “Live Music” program. When I switch to the “Live Music” program, itis as if I have turned the “Mute” on. Infact, I can tell very little difference between “Mute” and the “Live Music”even with the volume is at maximum. MyAu,D has tried several times to fix the problem and finally got me a new set ofaids. Unfortunately the new aids havethe same problem. Has anyone experienceda similar problem?

I have had the Acriva 7 Nano RITE recommended for me, this would be my first aid. The quoted price is $9620. Now that’s a lot of dough for the H aids. Is this a fixed price or can these be purchased for less ? ps, the discounts I’m offered from health fund etc, reduce this to $ 8658. I cannot gain any tax benefit as my income is below the taxation threshold.
Any suggestions would be welcome, Thanks, David.

USA price at Costco is $2600.

I am interested in the frequency lowering technology that is used in the Acrivas. I understand that that it does not compress the frequencies, but actually overlays the lost frequencies onto lower ones, so you can hear them , but that because it is overlaid that music still sounds natural. There has been a lot of discussion elsewhere about how frequency lowering as implemented by Phonak and others distorts the hearing of music. Those of you who are using the Acrivas, has the frequency lowering technology worked for you? I am planning on trying a pair this week, so am interested in your experience.

I was disappointed that my audi was never able to get the Bernafon Factory “Music Program” to work. When she tried, I got horrendous feedback. We sent my first pair back but had the same problem. She finally designed her own music program and it works great. She did not use any frequency shifting for this program but did for all the my other programs. I chose the Acriva over the KS5 because the frequency shifting made speech sound more natural (less shhhh and less harsh sounding). Also the music is more natural sounding on the Acriva’s than the KS5’s that I tried.

edsandra

@edsandra Thanks for posting a follow-up on your exp. and final decision and its rationale. You might want to update your signature to make things clear you chose Acriva.

Can you with us what she did to create her own music program? Sounds like that would be useful info. Thanks.

edsandra,
I’m new at all of this but your mention of the speaker not staying in the canal caught my attention. Did you get that problem resolved? If so, how? I like the KS5s but the fit is a real problem. The Bernafon Juna has a curved receiver tube and fits better - did the Acriva have this as well? Not sure which way to go. Sounds like you’re glad you went with the KS5. Thanks!

Can anyone point me to a good thread for SoundGate users. The Costco audis seem to know the hearing aids okay but struggle with the streaming side. Hoping to get some info so I can tell them what to set rather than watch them search forever…