Bernafon Acriva

I don’t know what Costco sells. I just reviewed the Acriva 9.

Can you use one of your programs for telcoil?

Yes, you could, but not in the Nano RITE configuration. In most of the custom products and larger than the Nano BTE’s a telecoil is available.

Does anyone know how much Costco is charging for the Acriva 9?

Costco has now updated their Website for Bernafon and it’s showing as

$899.99 to $1499.99 each.

http://www.costco.com/bernafon.html

$2499. a pair

I am wearing an Acriva Nano RITE and have one of my four programs set to Telecoil.
Actually, in Bernafon’s spec sheet for the Acrivas, only the Nano RITE has Telecoil.

I believe that refers to their aids in general.
Right under Acriva it says “starting at $1299.99 each”
Mine cost $2499. For the pair.

Can you share what you think about them so far?

Tobi, how are the Acrivas performing for you in loud speech-in-noise situations? How do they compare in those situations with other HA’s you have tried? Thanks.

My mistake, you are correct. :o The Nano RITE does in fact have a telecoil which is accessible through manual or automatic settings.

While the Bernafon may share some things with Oticon, to say they are the same or even argue that the Bernafon is older tech is simply wrong. Bernafon uses channel free processing, they now have frequency lowering, among a few other things to set them appart from their sister company Oticon.

What a silly thing for your audi to say.

Sorry that I haven’t checked in sooner. It seems the site has been up and down a lot and i was giving myself time with the Acrivas. I go back to Costco for my first follow up.
So far I’m amazed and very happy. They are surprisingly comfortable and sounds seem natural, without that “amplified” quality yet clear.

I’ve tried to put myself in various listening situations. I’ve been to a play, a concert and many social group situations. All very noticeably improved.
As far as speech-in-noise goes, I don’t experience a muting of other sounds but, for example, I’m hearing a person that I’ve had a very hard time understanding from across a table, and for the first time not needing to ask “what” several times.

I’ve had the the four programs set as follows:
auto
voice in sound
music
telecoil

the only one I haven’t played with is Telecoil but will when I get the chance.

i have a new audio gram which I will post soon since my hearing has declined quite a bit. It has always helped me in reading these forums to see if the poster’s lose is similar to mine.
i know that I’ve reached “profound” in one hear.

All for now,
Tobi

My understanding is that Bernafon is the only company that doesn’t sell a different version of their aid to Costco.
Bernafon Acriva is the same as the one Costco sells. Read about the Acrivas on their website.
Oticon is owned by the same company and may use some of the same technology but Bernafon Acriva is not a dummied down version of the Oticon Alta Pro but rather their own, perhaps parallel, aid.

I have the Costco version of the Resound Alera 9, they call it the Future. It was available as a RIC style only, then as a ITC with remote microphone. I think the Forza is the same thing, but with more styles available.

Anyway, it has excellent speech in noise ability, the best I’ve tried. But, you don’t get there without some manual adjustments. The professional selected the Party program and then went to the screen where you make individual adjustments for a program. There are sliders for soft speech, speech, noise, loud noise, etc. (about 7 things to adjust). She turned noise and loud noise all the way down (I think 10 Db) and soft speech all the way up and speech up about halfway (5 Db?). That did it. When in a loud environment I change to the party program and the loud hum quiets a little (it is noticeable). Then I can hear about as well as anybody else at the table.

My guess is the Verso would do the same thing or better but you still might have to do the manual adjustment. Costco will probably get the Verso but at the store level they still don’t know when. But I understand they did training, so should be soon?

From what I’ve been told, the Alta Pro uses a similar feedback cancellation technology introduced with Bernafon’s Chronos series which is available in products down to their lower mid-range (5) level of technology. If anything Oticon is borrowing technology from Bernafon to improve it’s product line. Sonic’s Bliss (and possibly the flip) are on the same chip as the Alta Pro even though they were released much earlier. I’m assuming Acriva is on the same chip as alta pro, but haven’t had nay confirmation from a rep.

Costco sells the Acriva 9. They may also sell the 7 but I’ve been working with the audi there for doing a trial of the 9s.

Steve

Hello. My first post here. I have had a pair of Chronos 9 aids ( my first HA’s ever). I Just learned about the Acriva 9’s and went to Costco to test them out. The audiologist programmed them to match my Chronos settings and WOW!!! They are absolutely incredible. They are light years ahead of the chronos 9’s and the Oticon Alta pro’s that I tried several weeks before getting the Chronos models. The sound is very natural and my acoustic guitar sounds very good as well. I ordered the Acriva’s on the spot and should have them on Friday. I will post more after wearing them for a bit.

I am a first time hearing aid user and went to Costco based on what I read on these forums. The Au,D at Costco preformed a first fit on my Bernafon RITE Acriva 9,s. The fitting took about an hour. She used the audiogram from the visit to my ENT for the initial settings. She then did some tweaking based on my saying that the initial sounds were tinny. She then did some testing of my ear canal resonance and also put me in front of a speaker that emitted sounds similar to a sonogram. I was fitted with 10mm open domes. The programs I selected were:<o:p>
[FONT=Verdana]P1 – Auto Adaptive Multi-environment
P2 - Conversation in Noise
P3 - Premium Cinematic Experience
P4 - Premium Live Music Experience<o:p></o
I can change programs with a long push of the button on the right HA while a short push increases the volume. I use the button on the left side to decrease the volume and to mute the volume. She also activated the “auto telephone” and “learning” functions.

<o:pFirst impressions. My voice sounds to me like I am speaking through a microphone. My wife’s voice sounds normal. Paper bags and running water are very noisy. The radio in the car sounded normal and the road noise was about the same as always. A smooth jazz CD (Diana Krall) on the way home sounded great. I am having a little trouble keeping the dome in my left ear seated. This may be the reason the sound in the left ear is not as loud as the right ear. The cable news shows were clear and at less volume then usual. The home movie on my surround sound speaker system sounded great. The voices were clear and the background sounds and music sounded very natural. The sound level on my amplifier which I used to set at 65 was at 53 instead. I am hearing what sounds like crackling when I move my head but I think it is my hair brushing across the microphones. I am sitting in about a ten mile per hour breeze at the moment and am experiencing no adverse wind over the microphone noise. All in all, a good first day using only P1 the auto program.:cool:<o:p></o
<o:p></o</o
</o[/FONT]