Battery life of your hearing aids?

Phonak Audeo P70 13T with UP receivers: right side died yesterday, almost exactly 7 days after starting my trial with them. The left died a day later. That’s with moderate streaming (a few hours per day). I was actually surprised the difference between left and right was as small as it was. I expected it’d be bigger considering the right side handles the bluetooth connection.

Previous aids were Phonak Bolero V50 SP with integrated receivers. Those lasted closer to 10-11 days I think. More than a week but definitely not two.

Both with size 13 batteries.

Holy Toledo! I have the Phonak Paradise P90 312 and get 4 days bluetooth on! Even my previous pair Kirkland 7 I got roughly 6 days out of the batteries and they had no bluetooth streaming in them. Dang 20+ days :thinking:

UK NHS Phonak Nathos Auto SP - I can not recall the commercial name for these.

Rayovac size 13 battery.

Typically 3 weeks BUT that is 10 hours/day 5 days a week plus a few other hours so say 160 hours. If I was using 16 hours/day every day then I presume around 10 days.

I do have ‘speech in loud noise’ as a program, this is where the two aids work together. I do not use it a lot but when I do sometimes it triggers the low battery alert. I guess if used more the battery life would be significantly less.

My previous Phonak Naida S V SP gave as I recall around 2 weeks.

Phonak Bolero V70 SP.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Phonak Naida Paradise 90 UP…so far 6 days! Will update when i kill one of the batteries. Just got them last week.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you use Bluetooth often?

@eyesgreendeaf
are you testing my batteries with the streaming of your music ? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Let’s see who will kill theirs first :grin:

1 Like

If you are asking about me using bluetooth…Yes, a lot…

1 Like

I reckon around 9 days or so, if you are streaming them a fair bit Dan? How do you find the Naida P 90’? Personally, I think they are excellent aids, and can’t really fault them, for severe/profound loss… It will be interesting to find out how low you get with some heavy duty streaming. Cheers Kev :wink:

They are AMAZING!! Crystal clear for conversations with my wife. Went to a friends house for dinner yesterday and had a really nice time. No straining to try to understand. And for the first time ever, I understood their sons voice. He is a very quiet spoken fellow. The MyPhonak app is another deal altogether. I’ll start a thread on that. So far I find it to be a miserable failure compared to the Signia app. However, My #1 goal was clear speach, and I have it!
Dan

3 Likes

Excellent stuff Dan, I am glad you are now getting some clarity :grin: I have had these Naida P90’s for approximately 20 months now, with every app update there is an incremental increase in usability, but it is gradually improving… Mind let us know about your battery killing exercise, alongside your average daily streaming. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

You kill those batteries yet Dan? Cheers Kev :wink:

Still going like the energizer bunny! The batteries are Phonak brand supplied with the hearing aid. I had no idea they made batteries? There is no indication on the packaging that they have been rebranded. This is day 9…this means that I have missed 4 battery changes. I’m beside myself!
Dan

p.s. Since I got the new hearing aid, I am hearing so much better that I am rarely streaming, which is good, cuz I’m having trouble programming from the myphonak app.

1 Like

Excellent stuff Dan… Enjoy the sense of freedom, untethered to a charger :smile: 9 days so far is brilliant with heavy streaming, usually I get around 11 with a moderate amount of streaming… No, I have yet to cross paths with Phonak batteries! I have only ever used, 3 battery manufacturers, Rayovac, Power One & Duracell, never knew Phonak made batteries! Cheers Kev :wink:

Edit… According to what I just read, Varta make Phonak batteries in Germany, I believe? I might have used some Varta batteries many years ago?

Who also make Power One batteries.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for that clarification Ruth :wink:

1 Like

I used to get Varta batteries for my camera, along with Kodak film. At least one is still around. :smirk:

1 Like

I have Phonak Virto P90-312 aids and stream very often throughout my 16 hour days. The right aid is getting 3 days per battery with the left about 4 days. Batteries are RAYOVAC made in the UK for Energizer. Aids and batteries provided by The US Veterans Administration.