Battery access ReSound Linx Quattro

I have the ReSound Link Quattro and I recently tried to open my battery door. It is now 2014 it doesn’t want to open. I thought these were replaceable rechargeable batteries. I made an appointment with whom I bought the hearing aids and was told they should be sent to the factory for replacement. Is this correct? I minimally cracked the door on the right one and wouldn’t try anymore to open the left one. I was successful in getting it to snap back closed again. If you can replace them at home where do you buy the batteries at? I found on WalMart site “1” battery for ?225.00 is this the best place to buy or where at?

These are not considered user replaceable. Yes, you were told correctly that being sent back to the factory is the way to get them replaced. It’s quite possible somebody has done it themselves, but one runs the chance of destroying one’s hearing aids. No currently made rechargeable hearing aids have user changeable batteries. Oticon’s rechargeables can be changed by the audiologist.