BAHA 6 Max feedback & wind management

Anyone using a Cochlear BAHA 6 Max and thoroughly disappointed with the feedback and wind management? I can’t wear a hat, a hood, a sweatband at work, my hardhat makes it squeal. If I fart I get feedback. Saw the audi 3x now and she basically says deal with it… I’m ready to ditch this thing and try to find a doctor that sells the Oticon Ponto. I know oticon had superior feedback and wind management in their hearing aids, hoping it would be the same for the Ponto. I’m new to these BAHA’s so I’m not sure what I should expect but I am extremely bummed out with the Cochlear, major step backwards compared to hearing aids. I’m using an abutment too, not a softband. Anyone have any experience with either please let me know your results. Thank you.

Normal for all BAHAs to feedback if anything touches it.

People get special hats.

1 Like

I can’t even wear a baseball hat without it screaming, there’s no way in the world that would work

@jte

As well as checking how thick the mastoid bone is, the surgeon should have asked what kind of hats you wore and positioned it to accommodate it.

BAHAs are known to feedback when anything gets close to it.

One issue might be, if you are near the limit of the BAHA then it could potentially cause more feedback like hearing aids would do.

Thats what one would think, but at the lowest gain its screaming, i even put it on the lowest gain, then went in to the EQ and lowered all frequencies, and still screaming. I’m gonna get an oticon put in thr otherside and compare. If that works then I’ll get the cochlear implant removed and another oticon. Cochlear dropped the ball on feedback and wind management, this thing is virtually useless. Thoroughly disappointing.