Baffled by the response from my Bank - No training for staff on how to use Hearing Assistant Technology

AccessAble

My bank have got hearing assistant equipment but are not willing to train staff on how to use it.

Am I right that there is no point in having it then?

Baffles me why they don’t feel the need to train.

3 Likes

Unbelievable :thinking: :confused: Which bank is that, Ruth?

1 Like

You are right, but it is possible they have it only because of some mandate that says they must. That would be in line with their not having trained staff to use it, or bothered to test it.

Any chance of moving to a more responsive bank?

1 Like

Most likely Ruth, they are complying with the advice of the DDA ( Disability Discrimination Act) it’s only advisory, and not mandatory… They display a sign, usually a big ear, fraudulently stating hearing assistance is available here, when you ask, can someone please switch it on, no one knows how, and no one is trained to use it! Unfortunately, it is just a con, they have complied with the rules, and installed a hearing assistance system, makes them look as if they are disability friendly… When in actual fact, it is never switched on, or indeed maintained, and no one is trained to use it… Sad but true! UK Government “At” its finest, pretending to help those with a hearing disability, when in fact, these systems are about as much use, as a chocolate fire guard… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

So typical, the company I retired from it was myself that asked for the help, I was the one that chose the best option for equipment and I was the one that had to figure out how to interface with the company equipment and make it work together. There were others with hearing loss, hearing aids, and even CIs, but I was the first to request hearing Assistance technology, so I had to do it all myself and still get my job done.

1 Like