Backup of settings file

Hello all
I have, at last taken delivery, today, of a Noahlink Wireless Progammer. It took ages to come from the USA. I’ve got it all connecting with my links 3d HAs. I haven’t yet attempted to make any changes but I have saved the current program. However, I realize that because there is no Save As option the locaton is decided by the Resound Smartfit software and the patient profile. This means, I suppose, that any changes will affect this saved file. I need to know where the file resides so that I can copy it as a backkup to restore if I get in a horrible mess. Not that I expect to. But if the professionals can’t get it right for me I need to take care. I’m not going to be rash with this. So, if anyone can tell me where to find the file and it’s name I would be much obliged.
Regards
Tony

Hi Tony. There is an export function in smartfit. You get to it prior to going into your fitting. Look along the top left of the smartfit window. I forget exactly, but the option might be ‘manage’ then export. Let me know if you can’t find it and will power up and double check.

1 Like

Hello Narenkona
I’ve been reading up a bit on this; I just want to get it right before I start changing things. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the way I read it is that each session saves it’s own settings and doesn’t interfere with the last one. Or, indeed, any previous ones. Also, that at the beginning of each session all the previous ones are listed and can be reverted to. I suppose it has to be exportable because, for instance, a patient may re-locate and have to go to a different audiologist.
Regards
Tony

Hi Tony, Yes that’s true - However I still like to keep an export of my original settings. I just looked in Smartfit, and when you are looking at the patient list in the first opening of smartfit, you’ll see “All - Recent - Manage” up in upper left. Manage then export will let you choose which patient to export. It just makes an xml file that you can then save somewhere and later import if needed.

The settings for each session you can see once you click on your “patient” from the first screen, then over on the top right click on session. One thing that took me a little bit to realize: it will then show you just the recent ‘month’ of saves… if you want to see your older saves, or original one - just click on the date ‘blobs’ on the left side.

And just thought - the reason to export that xml file, is so you can back that up somewhere - since I believe the smartfit data is in a database that probably isn’t readable by humans. That way, if anything happens to your windows OS, you can always set it up again and import that xml file. And good to do when you get some good settings that you like - save those too as an export.

best, Naren

1 Like

Hello Naren
Thank you very much for that lucid explanation; it is very helpful. Now I can go ahead and try some simple changes without worrying about messing everything up.
It makes sense for Smartfit to work in that way. That is, that all settings are always tied to the patient and not as a separate file that could be applied to the wrong patient. In my case, at least, I’m the only patient, so I can’t get that wrong. I suppose that were I a professional I wouldn’t be asking questions on a forum. Or am I mistaken about that?
Thanks to all helpers out there. Wear a mask, wash hands, stay safe. Let’s kill coronavirus.
Best regards
Tony

1 Like