Auracast & Starkey

I just got off a chat with a Starkey rep. I asked if my Evolv 2400 RIC HAs would get Auracast via firmware. I was informed that they would not and I should use the TV streamer. I informed the rep that that was antithetical to the Auracast model. When I asked when they would come out with a HA that can work with Auracast, she stated that Starkey does not do Auracast.

I suspect the rep was uninformed, but Starkey needs to have public facing reps that have a clue on the new trends in the market. She should have been able to at least say, I can’t give you a date, but it’s on the horizon.

Well, you are lucky to have had a chat with someone at corporate HA manufacturer, here in the UK you will get the usual:

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, your call is important to us, Please continue to hold and the next available agent will answer your call.”

But here is some info:

Thanks for the video. I assumed Starkey was doing something, but educating their folks on the chat part of their web site would be helpful. The video has good info.

FWIW, it took 27 minutes for my chat to get started once I got thru the bot part.

1 Like