Audiologist Shortage at Costco - Southern Ontario Canada

Is there anyone from southern Ontario that has had difficulty getting an appointment at Costco lately?

Hamilton, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, and Niagara Falls are either not booking at all or booking into the fall.

A Mississauga location (Laird Rd) just cancelled my month out appointment indefinitely due to “staff shortages”. I haven’t been able to get ahold of the other two locations in Mississauga. No one is picking up.

Is there a strike or mass quitting occurring? It’s never taken me more than a week or two getting an appointment at any Costco location before.

London booking hearing tests in October.

1 Like

Wow. Has there always been long wait times to get in there (London) or is it a recent phenomenon?

Was like that last year as well.

1 Like

I just got put on a waiting list at the Burlington location that they’ll start calling in September. I may get an appointment in November…

Perhaps Costco is becoming more well known as a cheaper place to get hearing aids. I know I’ve turned quite a few people to them.

1 Like

Given the price of hearing aids at traditional vendors compared to Costco, it wouldn’t surprise me that more folks are turning to Costco to save thousands. I also have referred folks to Costco.

1 Like