Audiogram not showing new, perceived hearing loss after virus

Hi all!
I had a minor cold( Covid?) starting 10 days ago and have had no sniffling/ coughing/ runny nose symptoms for a week. However, the ringing / plugged ears/ hearing issues have remained. I took an Audiogram yesterday and the audiologist and ent swear my hearing hasn’t budged. I know my hearing is more muffled and worse than prior to this cold/ Covid. Basically all the settings on my tv/ phone/ IPad have been raised and it has been much harder to hear voices. How can I have an unchanged Audiogram? To make things worse, the audiologist is new, with longtime one recently left. Any insight would be appreciated and I know not all ENTs have hearing as their specialty. Thank you!

Do you wear aids, if so ar the aids working properly. If wearing aids could your wax filters be loaded with wax.

1 Like

Thank you for responding. Yes, I wear Oticon Mores minirite. Unfortunately, I just had wax filters changed 1 month ago, so it can’t be that. Also, I had a normal otoscopic exam. I just feel that my hearing has declined since my cold and I can’t understand why it’s not showing on my Audiogram.

You may be able to detect the sounds just as well, but notice more distortion. Did your test include speech recognition percentage?

1 Like

Yes, it did. My wrs are 84 and 86 %. I think that is pretty good?