Are there any very knowledgeable Signia hearing aid professionals on here

I’m not certain on the assistant but I do have this cone I have experimented with.

the assistant wont help much if the HA is not properly fitted.

Unfortunately you have it disabled, it can be enabled by your fitter.

1 Like

While it won’t fix bad fitting it allows for a significant degree of experimentation [that’s why some fitters are afraid of enabling it], and pretty much exposes most of the programing capabilities indirectly.
I self-program and can see in the fitting software what each request to assistant does, you can manipulate most of the settings via it.

2 Likes

Thank you, it might be disabled due to me having bicros, I think I might have read at some point that the assistant doesn’t work with bicros but I will definitely look into it.

1 Like

Hi, as I thought the assistant does not work with bicros.

I have the Signia pure c & g 7AX bicros as well as Starkey Livios 2400 bicros. The Signia only in those a year and I do not like them. The Starkey are coming up on 5 years in them and they are better than the Signia’s. I think the best I have ever been in was Phonak which I will probably get into again when the Starkey’s quit on me. I always like to have a backup Incase one goes in for repairs.

2 Likes

At the top of the page you will find a menu. In it find Hearing Aids. There look for Find a Clinic. There you can got the the United States, Florida and Fort Meyers.
There you can select hearing aid brand, Signia and there are 3 in Fort Meyers.

Maybe there is help for you there

Thank you for sharing this information.

1 Like

I am sorry I am so late to answer this. I’m not sure why I didn’t get the notification, but I’ll check that.

To answer some questions you have; No, I am not a Signia user, and I am not familiar with their software or devices.

I was a Phonak CROS user up until January 10, 2024, at which point I replaced the deaf side Phonak with a Cochlear America Osia Bone Conduction Device. I still have the Phonak in my better ear.

The Bone conduction works by vibrating a titanium screw implanted in the skull behind the malfunctioning ear. The vibrations in the skull travel to all points of the skull, including the Cochlea of both ears. There the cochlea that work send the vibrations to the tiny hairs in the cochlea. These hairs stimulate the auditory nerve and the signal is then sent to the sound centers in the brain.

If your auditory nerve doesn’t work in a particular ear, no hearing device on the market will make that ear work. But, the other ear picks up the sound and transmits it to the sound center of the brain for that side. Your brain will think all the sound is coming in to your good ear.

I hope this helps, but it looks like you are getting good help from some Signia folks.

Now I’m going to say something that I have no support for. I’ve never heard anyone else say this, and when I said it to my ENT, he just shrugged it off and went on.

I believe my brain is figuring out which sounds come from my deaf side and send those sounds through the sound center for that side. The end result is I think I am hearing some sound on my deaf side, as if it was coming through the deaf ear.

3 Likes

Thank you for this. I want to see if I’m a candidate for the bone conduction hearing aid. When they do that test on me on my deaf ear, I can hear. I’m not sure why no one has ever suggested this for me.

2 Likes

If your cochlear nerve (?) is functioning, and your hearing loss/deafness is caused by conductive loss—that is, damage to the middle/inner ear–then yes a BAHA aid will work for you. I wear the Osia. It’s absolutely fabulous. And my right ear loss is entirely conductive.
That said, I still have hearing my right and left ears, so I can also wear traditional HAs.
I was a very early adopter of the Osia and I’m really, really glad that I went that route. No post in in my skull that’s subject to infections, and from what I’ve read over on a BAHA hearing aid site, the sound quality is better than the post-style Baha aids. Best wishes I hope this works out for you!

2 Likes

Thank you for this information.