Are there any flip phones and dumbphones that can connect to the Nucleus 7 and 8?

I’m wondering if there are any flip phones and other dumbphones that I can easily connect my Nuclear 7 to.

I recently decided in case my current iPhone dies or broke (it’s still working fine and am typing on it right now, for the record so until it decided to die on me, I have no plans to get a new phone at this moment), I should get a flip phone temporarily until I get a new smartphone and that led me to this question. Can a cochlear implant, especially mine’s, connect to a flip phone?

1 Like

Cochlear are Made For iPhone aka Low Energy Bluetooth only so unfortunately not.

The only CI that could do that is Advanced Bionics as they use Classic Bluetooth.

I’m pretty sure Cochlear are also ASHA compatible. I don’t know if there any flip phones that are ASHA compatible. Cheapest alternatives that are for sure ASHA compatible would likely be an entry level Samsung Galaxy or Google Pixel phone.

2 Likes

You’re right. Android 10 will work. I guess most MFi Aids are now ASHA as well.

This statement is incorrect.

The Cochlear processors N7, N8 and K2 all are iPhone and Android compatible.

https://www.cochlear.com/global/en/apps/sound-processor-and-app/compatibility

1 Like

Yes read my last message.

@Raudrive

Android 10 or later is necessary, but not sufficient requirement. Also needs to be ASHA compatible and supported by your cell phone carrier. Try to verify connectivity before an irrevocable commitment to purchase.

I’m not sure if the phone clip would work with other phones or not. But it’s worth looking into. You might have to use the remote to control to control your processor though. The cheapest smartphone would be the Google pixel.

Smartphones are much more available than flip phones. Why would you need to get a flip phone, and then a smart phone? You could order a smartphone from Amazon (new or used) and have it in two days.

Budget reasons, chief