Are Sony releasing a CRE-E20

They have recently released a new version of the CRE-C10, the C20 with rechargeable batteries.

The E10 has gone out of stock on Amazon (US), does anyone know if they are releasing a new version?

The Sony CRE E-10 is an OTC version of the Signia Active Pro.

Signia recently introduced an upgrade of the Actuve Pro to its new IX platform, the Active Pro IX.

SO, IT’s reasonable to expect that the E-10 will in fact be replaced by an E-20. The upgrade to the C10, the clearance sale prices of both the C-10 and the E-10, and the recent upgrade to the Active Pro all point in this direction. Given that the C-20 is already on the market, I’m guessing that it won’t be long.

2 Likes

Looking at the new Active Pro specs, a new cre e20 might incorporate the IX platform plus Android streaming.

But who knows as Sony has not publicly acknowledged any connection between the Sonys and the Signias nor does any of the literature on the new c20 mention the IX platform.

I’m sure it will, the E10 has bluetooth streaming.
Sony will sell what Signia (WS Audiology) supply them with, as yet Sony don’t make their own HAs.

I don’t think it means much, you wouldn’t really think Sony is going to publicly tell everyone that we don’t actually make our own HAs, we get everything supplied by WS Audiology as part of the deal we have with them?
But I did see a video someone posted where a WS Audiology director of customer sales mentioned IX on the C20 so the platform is not going to stay on a previous one ( AX ) just makes sense for the product to move forward as they are going hard out to be the leader in OTC going by the video.

Edit: Found the video here, from Andrew bellavia interview.

1 Like

Yep, I posted that video in another thread. I don’t recall her mentioning the IX platform though. I could be wrong.

Incidentally, the c10 and e10 are based on the X platform I believe, not the AX.

Also, my point re streaming was that the e20 when released will be the first Sony to stream to Android. The e10 only streams to iPhone.

1 Like

Oh I thought it was AX, that makes a difference and yes your correct it’s was MFi for hands free streaming only.

1 Like

Do the signia (and so possibly the as yet nonexistent) connect with just Apple phones or do they have wider Bluetooth connectivity.

A while ago (a few years ago) I tried some Jabra Enhance OTC hearing aids when I had some very mild hearing loss and was asking the kids to repeat themselves a little more as I cooked with the extractor on. These would only connect with my iPhone, not my Apple watch.

I was thinking about the Sony’s as a cheap(er) pair of back up aids for running etc but I would need them to connect to my watch.

BT enabled devices from series AX and IX connect both to Apple’s devices via MFi and to Android via either ASHA or LE Audio (with IX)

AFAIK most of them wont connect directly to Apple watch, no matter how new. I think that’s only possible with Phonak [not sure about that though].
I know that it is possible to connect newest Pixel Watches via LE Audio.

I was actually thinking about buying both newest Signias Active IX and Pixel Watch 3 specifically for running and biking.

1 Like

I am a big fan of the Sony, they are very comfortable, sound great, and, with the proper dome fit snuggly. BUT, they can, and do, fall out under certain conditions. And running may be one of those conditions.

1 Like