Anyone willing/able to measure a part from a Phonak Audeo Marvel?

Despite having previously done the same, and clearly not having learned from the experience, I have now lost a second receiver retention clip from my Phonak Marvel HAs while opening the casing for cleaning.

I can’t get replacements anywhere, so I have decided to do a 3-d print of the part. However, having lost the clips from BOTH (disgusted with myself!!) sides, I have nothing to measure in order to specify the part.

Would anyone out there be willing and able to measure and provide dimensions from a set of Marvels or Paradise? Also, a better photo that I could use to clearly discern the shape would be awesome. I’m only asking folks who open up HAs regularly to oblige, as without the finesse and tools, its too easy to lose the clips forever…

I attach a photo of the lost item. Its the gray clip that is visible above the 3 pin socket.

Thanks In Advance…

1 Like

Here are 3 photos (somewhat dirty…). There is one showing the largest dimension: 5.05 mm. This will allow you to scale the photo.The piece is too tiny to mesure the other dimensions. You can see that the piece is 3d. I believe that you may have a hard time to print it unless you have a very precise printer. There are software allowing to go from photo to 3d drawing and then to printer. You will need it.

Did you look at other possibilities to lock the receiver in place? i.e. glue

By the way, you can open the casing whitout removing the receiver…

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks a million! That’s great info. As you say, I can now model the part and extrapolate the dimensions from the 5.05 part length.

I intend to model a batch of multiple clips in an X-Y grid that will be printed at lengths from 4.95 - 5.15 using a resin printing service that can do a complete 5 x 4 inch plate in one pass. It will be like the Airfix model aircraft parts grids of old. That way, I’m sure to find a size that works.

An older style FDM printer would probably not be able to give me the required precision alright.

When I get it modelled, I will post it back here.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Exactly, I’ve never needed or lost this part myself, i think its gonna be too small to print as well.

Why the negativity? Well done you for never losing the part. The fact is, I did- hence my request. I reckon its actually doable with SLA printing.

Sorry no negativity here, im hoping you can do it, but think its gonna be difficult, i know your frustrated about losing the parts, believe me i know exactly the feeling, I’ve misplaced the pins a few times ; ) but luckily they are easy enough to get.

Good luck.

2 Likes