Anyone who wore oticon sumo dm hearing aids in the past?

Those aids were my dream at the time but I couldnt affort them.
Now how would you compare your new hearing aids to old oticon sumo dm? Do you miss them?

I wore oticon sumo DM’s for several years. In my opinion for a profound loss they were the best option available and were amazing, probably top of the line for the analog age.

Initially I had a hard time swapping to digital. I still think I do. Something about the simplicity of the analog and the sound quality, it is tough to compare but digital has many incredible features and programming capability it is tough to compare directly.

If a company offered a high quality analog aid with good waterproofing and decent cost I would probably buy it. Especially if it had Bluetooth connectivity.

That said, I think its somewhere along the lines of comparing a high quality vinyl studio to an MP3 player, and the MP3 player is water resistant with tons of easy to use features. Most are not going to notice or need the difference, but analog (vinyl) is still technically the best. For a long time I used a Unitron Max 20, with all digital features turned off and tuned to mimic my oticon sumos. It never sounded quite as good in my opinion but the features, robustness, binaural phone, bluetooth loop, etc made the change worth it. I’m currently wearing phonak naidas and again the features, robustness, and bluetooth make up for the difference in comparing to the Sumos. I’m slowly using more of the features and enjoying the digital tech but if a company truly produced a solid analog aid and put the cost savings of the chips and digital features directly into audio quality and robustness I would be a costumer or at least very curious.

Thanks. To my knowledge Sumo DM was digital. There was a Sumo XP analog aid.
I wore analogs in the past but I am not sure if I heard and understood better with them. I remember my speech perception was better but my loss was about moderate or moderately severe range.Now I have a mostly profound loss.The more loss the less perception