Anyone fighting between hearing aids and ear buds constantly?

So I’m very fortunate in that I have SSHL and it isn’t really life-altering. More of an annoyance. I started wearing a single hearing aid (Beltone Amaze) about 5 years ago and moved to a Resound One about 2 years ago. Works fine for every day but as a power audio and tech user, prescription hearing aids (as far as I know) really just work well for their intended job but fall pretty flat when it comes to hands-free calling, listening to music with hi fidelity, noise cancellation, etc. I’m constantly removing my hearing aid and turning it off so I can use my AirPods Pro 2 or Beats and get full, rich audio and noise cancellation etc.
Does anyone think hearing aid tech will ever evolve to be able to replace AirPods and the like or are we doomed to constantly change devices depending on use case?

Couple of things.
1)I think handsfree tech will get better when LE Audio becomes widespread.
2) Regarding music quality, I think it depends a lot one’s loss. I think somebody with a severe to profound loss across all frequencies will likely have at least comparable music quality if they’re using a powerful BTE with custom molds as compared to earbuds and get a lot better battery life.

I suspect your hearing loss is not too severe- I struggle with the maximal (music) volume output of earbuds. Having said that, I find my Phonaks, associated with power domes and with proper amplification curve, deliver pretty good, loud audio, including the basses.

1 Like