Anyone else having bad experiences with Starkey Evolv AI IIC?

Is anyone else having bad experiences with Starkey Evolv AI IICs?

When I bought them earlier this year, I had really high hopes for them after reading about the AI in them.

I feel that they’re too small for their own good and feel that this causes problems with their reliability (more wax build-up on them as they sit much closer to the ear drum).

I’ve been finding them so unreliable that I’ve had my previous Phonak Virto B IIC repaired and this aid is so much more reliable and easier to use (for a start, I don’t need a magnet wand to get the battery in and out). I also feel that the build quality is better.

I’ve got a year left to pay them off and then I’m afraid I’m going back to Phonak and getting their Virto Paradise IIC.

I have the Evolv CIC, which is fairly close. I find the sound quality good but too much feedback and the ear-to-ear communications are unreliable (which can cause extremely awkward situations). I also have the Oticon Opn1 CIC and the ear-to-ear is great, no feedback, but the sound is horrible. I gave two different audiologists a shot at these and no joy. I may have to DIY my way back to at least marginal hearing.