Any hearing aids simple to pair?

This is why LE Audio is going to be a game changer, everything will “just connect” all these other profiles wiil eventually be going redundant in the future anyway.

I already posted somewhere here that there is a world of difference between “pairing”, which you should only need to do once, and “connecting” which you have to do often.

You should really never need to re-pair your hearing aids to your phone. And if your hearing aids aren’t connecting to your phone, you need to turn them off and on again, or maybe turn your phone’s Bluetooth off and on again, or both, or restart your phone even, but you really don’t want to start messing about trying to pair the hearing aids again.

2 Likes

Had Phonaks that connected with classic Bluetooth with anything anytime everytime. Any phone model or brand, TV, etc) I loved that ease, but the battery drain was high. Once paired reconnecting was always automatic.

Moments with Bluetooth LE, I did update my Android phone (due anyways) to a Pixel, Apple phones I tried work too. Once paired, same as Phonak/ClassicBT, they auto reconnect flawlessly.

1 Like

Bluetooth LE is not the same as Bluetooth LE Audio.

LE had been around for several years and LE Audio is only now poised to emerge.

2 Likes

Yep, totally true. An FYI to everyone reading, a potential confusion that’s worth clarifying.