Any experience transfering settings between Phonak models

Tenkan,

Actually it worked just the opposite. With my V70 connected to Target I couldn’t find any way to export the data, and believe me I looked everywhere. So I closed the session, turned off the icube ii, opened the previously saved session, and export showed up in the file drop down menu. I then saved it to my desktop to make it easy to find.

I installed the Airlink updater program and driver, so I should be ready when the Airlink and the slim tubes arrive middle of next week.

You gotta like it when a plan comes together :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sure thing, absolutely it’s good when things just work out, hopefully everything will go fine with Airlink2 to Noahlink wireless.

Cheers

Well the “used” Airlink Il arrived from Rakicomputer an Ebay dealer, and to my surprise, it appears to be brand new, just missing the original box and cable. It still had the peel off protective plastic films. It was immediately recognized by the Phonak Target software, which prompted me to do an update to work with my Phonak Bolero M90 aids, which I just did. It’s now a Noahlink. The whole process went seamlessly.

I next connected my Phonak Bolero M90 PR rechargeable hearing aids, started a new session deleting the previous fitting, set them to default, entered my slim tube and dome data, did the feedback test, and saved the file.

Next I imported the previously exported fitting data from my V70 aids, and again saved the session. Lastly I did the histogram direct, and applied it to the fittings. Prior to closing the Target software, I printed the client instructions and warranty sheet.

I paired them to my Pixel 4a5g phone and opened the MyPhonak app. Getting the app to recognize the aids was a bit of a hassle at first just like the last time, but I finally succeeded. It did require deleting the previous pairing I used for testing. The result is close to perfection. I was prepared to spend lots of time refining the settings, but initially all the original M90 automatic settings and those I imported from the v70 aids appear to be working fine including the custom music setting I have been using while playing my classical guitar.

The most difficult for me is understanding the MyPhonak app, but I will find my way around. Also there are a number of features of the Marvel 90 platform that will be new to me. Last night we were watching TV, and just like my V70 aids, I forgot I was wearing them, which in my opinion is the final test.

The icing on the cake is while working in the Target software, I clicked “check warranty,” and discovered the warranty on my new-to-me hearing aids including the added loss & damage coverage are good until the end of February 2024, so I’m not too worried yet about the rechargeable batteries, because I have almost a year to think about that.

Yowzer! What an Ebay buy! This whole project exceeded my expectations in every way.

4 Likes

Awesome, it’s always good to “hear” back from people’s success stories regarding DIY.

Tenkan,

So far everything appears to be working OK. I did make a change this morning to reduce the gain to 90% of target, because the newer Bolero m90 aids seem to be more powerful than my older Bolero V70 aids, and everything was a little too loud. Otherwise switching was very easy bringing my old settings across. I am a happy camper

Yeah it’s great, being able to make these changes when you see fit, without having to make arrangements to see your audiology clinic, if you want to set up your “speech in noise program” take you laptop and NW to your local mall, get a coffee and make any adjustments on the fly, nice.

1 Like

We have family visiting this week, and went out for breakfast this morning, and had a chance to try the restaurant setting, which after reducing the volume a bit seems to work well. Same for the speach in car mode. Going to log all the settings, and make them permanent the next time I fire up Target.

I just love messing with this stuff,

1 Like

I have been experimenting with settings recently and thought I would share my experience.
Target doesn’t seem to care about O/S, but can’t be absolutely positive as my clinic is still using XP!
I’ve tried W7,8 and 10 and not found any difference.
Target versions do matter, hence my recent request for T7. Mostly transfer data files are either invalid or if accepted screw up the gain tables and curves.
I found that using the “import from session” to be the most reliable method but not perfect.
A recent attempt to copy to an identical pair of aids resulted in non identical gain values, but very close, and crazy curves.
Older versions of platform were not successful except for Phonak venture to paradise, but then values were only approximate and could not be adjusted to match identically.
If you are crazy enough to experiment then I offer the following advice,
Take screen shots of your tables and settings, much easier than opening and closing clients.
Make sure you have prescriptions, percentages and linear/non linear compression settings correct.
Watch for Target selecting all or single scenes ie calm,comfort tec.
Target will revert to phonak digital prescription as @Zebras said in my case from Nal2.
Check your values settings ie real ear ,insertion, output as mine went from one to the other.
I hope this may be of value to new users and please note this was my experience and not best practice.
Any thoughts @tenkan ,@Zebras, bugs?

2 Likes

I thought I would update my experience transferring settings between different model hearing aids.

Although importing the settings from my V70 to the M90 hearing aids gave me a head start, the performance difference between the two platforms required a number of programming refinements.

The MyPhonak app is very handy for trying out different things that can be applied permanently later using the Target software. Overall my results have been very positive, and being able to apply different adjustments without waiting for an audiologist appointment is priceless.

I have been rotating through the different programs like TV, speech in 360, etc, and have been somewhat underwhelmed. My previous modifications to the “comfort in noise” program that I imported from the V70s still seem the best for crowded environments, or for reducing automobile noise. I am beginning to think a lot of the added features you get when stepping up from the 70 to 90 series are mostly marketing fluff.

One of the biggest improvements wearing aids with Bluetooth is hearing phone calls in both ears with increased clarity over what normally comes out of a cell phone speaker.

You know things are heading in the right direction when you can go the entire day forgetting you are wearing hearing aids. I have almost everything dialed in now. Actually I may end up applying some of my new M90 settings back to the V70 aids, which are now in backup position.

3 Likes

I am saving settings from my hearing aids to use as reference/fallback if you need to start all over again.
When going back to the reference setting I feel that it is not identical to the setting I was saving.

Does anyone know for sure wether all settings are saved and transferred without any changes?
I am using Audeo Paradise P90

1 Like

Yes they are saved as your audiologist set them, you need to be sure you just connected and then saved to HAs and database.

Could be because you got used to your DIY settings and liked those over you original settings.

1 Like

Thanks!
Good thinking :wink:

1 Like

@keith
I’ve tried this recently, but am pretty new to Target.

I recently bought Phonak Paradise P90 13T, and they arrived with domes and a “first fit”. Speech recognition was still disappointingly poor, and similar to the Marvel M70s (moulds), they were replacing.

Enter my new audiologist. He provided slimtip moulds and transformed their performance, especially for speech.

So, I connected them up to Target and chose to export the settings, to hopefully transform the Marvels. The import appeared to go well, but it hasn’t magically transformed them, sadly, so back to the drawing board :frowning:
Peter

1 Like

Importing for me doesn’t seem to work for me between my M70 and P70.

It stays the same, weirdly. It makes the programs the same tho, so if I have more programs on my M70, it’ll add them to my P70.

1 Like

@Zebras @PeterH
During the first two years I had my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s I experimented with myPhonak as my audi requested.

I have a typical ski slope loss. Loud noise. Using myPhonak I hit the CLARITY button on the APP.

It leaves bass; boosts mid; boots higher frequencies. The difference was substantial.

When I went to my new hearing aid dispenser he did a quick fit using the same audiogram that the audi had used. Target. Took no time at all.
He boosted mid and high.
He increased volume to 105%; then in a month to 110%

I hope this might help.

I can hear! If the audi had this knowledge I would have been much better off over the first 2 years.

Saying so in case it helps.

1 Like