Another way to wear N7

I have to use this N7 for the time being. I want to know if it safe to wear it like this in the pic attached?

I can not work out how it is attached in the picture?

I live near a female with a N7 and she wears the processor in her bun on top of her head. Has done for years, old CI looked like a N5. Obviously the coil is attached to the implant.

Not 100% where the Mic is but her bun is quite high and the lead which leads to her coil is quite long.

The battery part able to stick to the coil

No i would not trust that unless i was only at home. That could easily get knocked off.

There’s a Cochlear accessory called a Headworn Adaptor that allows you to do that. Click it into place & it acts like a Kanso. If your magnet is strong enough, it works well. However, it does change the position of the microphone & this may affect your sound quality. Perhaps pair it with Safety Cord if you don’t trust the magnet?

I tried it a couple of times under a surgical cap as I found the over-the-ear processor was getting in the way of special eyewear that I need for my job. It didn’t work for me as the microphone under the cap was too muffled to understand anything. Might work for you in certain circumstances if you need it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I don’t see a problem, If it works, and your hearing clearly it shouldn’t be an issue. My only worry would be of you losing it, I hope you have it insured.

I do something like this

1 Like

Is that with the rechargeable battery or the disposable ones. My rechargeables don’t seem to stick to the magnet at all. And I am using 4(I) magnets.

Thanks to all for the inputs.

To answer pathurley’s question. I’m using disposable battery for the N7 only for temporary because my kanso 2 is at the repairer.

Doing it this way, does it effect your coil at all? Do you need to replace it more frequently?

I was issued with a 6cm coil, I felt the sharp bend was the cause of going through 2 coils in 11 months… Since getting the 8 cm coil I’ve only used 1 coil in over 2 years. I’m just curious…

Curious.

Did magnet harmful to electronic device such as hearing aids? I talk generally about hearing aids like BTE/RITE/CIC.

I know cochlea implant have special treatment that resistance to magnet or Magnetic Scanner like CT scan.

I would not put anything near magnet. If it does harm at all.

I actually don’t do that often so i don’t know the answer to that question…, i replaced mine like 2 years ago., mine has a gentle bend

1 Like

No my ci magnets sticks to my hearing aid often and no problems here

1 Like