Android hands free calling using Jabra and Samsung 23?

Has anyone been successful in getting hands free calling using the Jabra Pro 20 and an Android to work properly? I have the replaceable battery version with out tap control. LE Audio connection works for telephone calls, but calls have to be answered on the phone. Jabra technical support and my audi say that I should be able to answer calls using the rocker switch but so far I have not been able to make that work.

Even if you were able to answer the call with the rocker switch, wouldn’t you still need to the phone to have the conversation? As far as I know, the Android connection does not allow for hands free talking, so you have to at least hold the phone somewhere near you and can’t just leave it in your pocket.

I’ve said this before, but I actually prefer that method as I don’t want to look like I’m talking to myself. :grinning:

With le audio, and Android phone with le audio, and if the bugs were fixed with android then yes 2 way communications is possible.

1 Like

Good luck. Report back if you get it working. I have not been able to make it work with my Jabra 20s and newer Samsung phone. LE audio was a mess for me on all calls, so I turned it off.

(I had been told beforehand that hands free only worked with iPhones)

Hands free was working on Samsung S23 before the updates that were released April first of this year, but from what i understand that Google was to have fixed a bug in Android 14, in May or June. I have heard a few say that the Google phones were working with some hearing aids. Personally I am fairly happy with how my Oticon aids are working connectivity wise. There is definitely issues wiith the le audio and my INTENT1 aids but the default hearing aid options are working good. While le audio streaming sounds better the default hearing aid connectivity is much more stable. I am not someone than needs or requires total hands free anyway.

1 Like

Hands free works fine and is clear but I can’t answer with the aids. Once I answer the phone from the phone, I can put it in my pocket. Unfortunately, when I try to answer from the aids (long push on the down rocker switch), it just sends the call to voice mail.

1 Like

Samsung S23 was updated this morning. Seems to be working now. Can answer the phone with a quick touch of the down part of the rocker switch (Jabra Pro 20 battery version LE Audio connection)

3 Likes

I haven’t had any luck yet with my INTENT1 aids but haven’t had any calls other than the one that I tried calling my cell phone from the house phone

What are your settings in Bluetooth hearing aid settings. Also do you have a watch connect to the phone.

When Android 15 comes out this year, things should get much better.

1 Like

There are no special settings in the aids. The phone has LE Audio turned on. Samsung watch is disconnected since calls were going to the watch
Edit. Hands free is checked in the Smart Fit software.

1 Like