Android Compatibility with Starkey Livio 2400 Aids

Conflicting information regarding android phone use with my new Livio 2400.
Current Samsung Luna J3 is definately out. (operates on iOS 6.0 with no available upgrades.)
One source says Samsung J7 runs on 10.0 and should be compatible with the Starkeys.
Starkey says, yes, iOS 10.0 or higher is needed, but the J7 isn’t on their list.
Don’t want to get stuck with a new phone that won’t run their ap.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Rob

iOS is Apple. :slight_smile:
Android often uses names and letters but the version minimizes confusion.
Some people use the term “iphone” as though it was Kleenex. There ain’t no iphone running Android. :slight_smile:

The app says direct streaming needs Android 10. But it also says Android 6 for just control.
So I’d be curious if this is ASHA or standard bluetooth.

What you need is ASHA compatibility. It’s possible the J7 offers it, but unless you can confirm by trying it out, I wouldn’t risk it. My suggestions for a phone that would work: 1) New (is released 8/20) Pixel 4A (not on the list, but I’m quite sure it would work) (cost $349) 2) iPhone SE (2020 version) small, but high performing iPhone for $399 3) pick up a used or refurbished Samsung S9 or S10 (looks like S10e won’t work–hmm further research. S10e shows up as ASHA compatible on Resound site. I would think it would have a good chance of working. If it doesn’t, seems like ASHA is kind of a flaky standard) This is all assuming that these are ASHA compatible hearing aids. It they’re not, they’ll need an additional device to stream.

According to Wikipedia the last update to the last Samsung J7 (2017 version, also called the Galaxy J7 Pro) only brought it to Android 9 Pie and it won’t be updated further, so that means no ASHA. The other device you mentioned is older.

Thanks for the helpful responses. Definitely dealing Android. My bad for referring to the operating system as “iOS”!
Have confirmed with sellers that I can return for full refund if incompatible.
Thanks for the leads.
Rob

I found some J7s that were released in 2018 (J7 (2018), J7 Prime 2 and J7 Duo) that “might” get Android 10, but none of them have BT 5 so I’d say for sure it’s a no go with any J7 phone. Some of Samsung’s A series phones might be possibilities, but my leanings would be to go with the sure things I suggested in previous post.

thanks for the info too!!! I have a Samsung J7 Refine
as for the A series, my mom has the A50 so that could work with Starkey if she gets a new pair too

I believe that the ASHA is compatible with the Starkey Livio AI family and the Livio EDGE AI family, but not the Starkey Livio family.

1 Like

Considering the cost of hearing aids, if you are happy with the hearing aids, maybe get a different phone?? If your aids don’t do as well as you like, then try for a different HA that is compatible with your phone…my hearing aids do not stream my phone without an intermediate device (which I have and love).

These are the phones compatible with the Starkey Livio Edge The most recent Livio aids. This came from the website. I use them and if you use these hearing aids with the phones and if needed the device adapter they work. I would recommend to ask Starkey to make sure that it will pair right. Hope this helps answer your questions. Good luck.
Thrive Hearing Control app runs on iOS 13 or higher. For best performance, we recommend using the most current iOS version. iOS UPDATE NOTE: When updating the version of iOS on your iPhone, the hearing aids may lose connection, requiring you to un-pair and re-pair the hearing aids with your iPhone. The following devices have been tested for compatibility:

iPhone SE
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11
iPhone XS Max
iPhone XS
iPhone XR
iPhone X
iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 5s
iPad Pro (12.9-inch 2nd generation; 12.9-inch 1st generation; 10.5-inch; 9.7-inch)
iPad Air 2
iPad Air
iPad (6th generation; 5th generation)
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPod touch (6th generation)

Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. “Made for iPod,” “Made for iPhone” and “Made for iPad" mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with iPod, iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch may affect wireless performance.

Android compatibility

Thrive Hearing Control app runs on Android 7.0 or higher. The following phones have been tested for compatibility.

Streams directly using Bluetooth technology (requires Android 10):
Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 3 XL

The following smartphones require use of the Starkey Hearing Technologies Remote Microphone + accessory for Thrive Hearing Control app streaming functionality:
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
HTC 10
HTC One M8
HTC U11 Life
LG LV-30
Motorola Moto G7
Doro 8035

1 Like

Cautiously optimistic. Will take delivery tomorrow of a refurbished moto G7, $50.00 from Total Wireless. Good reviews and it should (?) work with my Starkey Livios. Will let Y’all know the outcome. Thanks to all who took the time to respond and offer advice.
Rob

It says you’ll require the Starkey Remote Microphone +