Android Auto Set Up For Hearing Aids

I just purchased a car that uses Android Auto. When I receive calls in the car, they go through the cars speakers. Since I use BT hearing aids to receive calls on my phone, I would prefer that the calls received in the car go through my phone’s speakers (and thus to my hearing aids).

I cannot find a setting for that.

I Googled the problem and found lots of hits for the opposite problem (where the calls won’t go through the cars speakers) but not this one.

I still need the phone to connect to the car b/c everything else (such as navigation) goes through my phone’s apps.

Does anyone know how to do this or if it is possible?

I have the S23 with my Oticon More1 aids, my aids will only be connecting to one or the other. It seems to be the way it is.

1 Like

My Samsung S10e will connect to 2 bluetooth devices at a time and I can send phone calls to hearing aids and media to the car speakers or vice versa .

Yes, I can connect to multiple devices on my phone but when I receive calls while in the car (using Android Auto), the audio goes to the car’s speakers, not to the phone’s speaker (and thus my hearing aids). I don’t know how to set that up.

I have to have BT on to my car to get the rest of the functionality for Android Auto.