Android 14 and hearing aids

Hi,
has anybody had experience with Android 14? Various articles mentioned that A14 supposedly has lots of improvements for hearing aids, I wonder to what degree? As far as I know, until now Pixel phones (and some other) had a possibility to stream audio. Does “further improvements” mean it could be a two-way connection (stream and mic)? Anyone knows something about this?

I have Oticon More and Real aids with the Samsung Galaxy S23 phone and also a Samsung Galaxy Tab a8 tablet. My phone has been on Android 14 beta and now Android 14 for several months. The only real difference i have noticed is stable streaming. I haven’t noticed any additional features.

3 Likes

Recently I got the Google Pixel 7a that uses Android 14.

With my Cochlear Kanso 2 processors the streaming connection has been notably better. I have not lost a connection and when asked the Bluetooth quickly connects.

So far so good.

1 Like

As @cvkemp and @Raudrive mentioned, Bluetooth connectivity is very stable, Finally!
I’m also noticing improved wi-fi connectivity.
The only 2 way hands free for android is with Phonak and I think Unitron, both Sonova owned.

We probably won’t see hands free for android until the new version of Bluetooth LE Audio is widely available.

3 Likes

I am optimistic about Resound/Cochlear going hands free with both iOS and android.

Having used Phonak for many years I really enjoyed hands free phone calls.

2 Likes

phonak with bluetooth clasic has the possibility for 2 active bluetooth connections and the ability to pair up to 8 bluetooth devices. … Nothing is written as to how much other hearing aids support connection and how much the new official bluetooth LE that is coming will support? … I have the impression that phonak had to change the chip unofficially, maybe there are two bluetooth chips in the phonak/unitron hearing aid to be able to connect so many devices?

1 Like