Analog Hearing Aids

Hi all,

I wear two hearing aids which are analog. Have been wearing this since I was 3 years old. Was told that analog hearing aids are fading out in the market and that is why there are digital hearing aids now.

I can’t wear digital for many reasons and they are as follows:

1. need to hear everything 360 degrees

2. have been used to them for so many years.

3. can’t have the digital hearing aids turn of the sound or lower sound automatically

4. can play my music through a special headset that was made years ago since it finally came out when searching on the internet.

Now have more problems with playing music and using it for cell phones. I recently bought a NoizFree dual headset and they broke 3 times. Will never get their product ever again.

Am trying out the ClearSounds CLA7V2 neck loop and seems to do what i want but not powerful enough.

Has anyone had problems with the ClearSounds CLA7V2 ??

1. Digital aids can be set to omi directional (360 degrees)

2. I’m a long term analog wearer (all my life until sep 2011) but I now wear digital aids and I’ve never heard so well until I wore my Naidas.

3. ???

4. There is newer technology made for music that is SO much better then older technology eg Phonak ComPilot which streams music in stereo.

Unfortunately I can’t wear digital hearing aids as i have tried so many brands and that my audiologist suggested that I wait another 3 years until a much better digital hearing aids will benefit for me.

Like I said, needed the digital hearing aids to do the following:

1. Have the same or similar sounds as my analog
  2. Not to have the sounds to automatically turned down
  3. Need to have 360 degrees of all around sound and not just the front

Guess will have to wait a while, luckily my audiologist got me brand new analog hearing aids for 3 year warranty for now.

All that you have stated digital aids can do. Sounds like your Audi doesn’t know how to programmed digital aids to act like analog aids.

Maybe you need to search for a new Audi?! I would!

I’m having the same problem with digital hearing aids I can’t stand the suffering I’ve gained with digital aids analog aids works best for me with the sound right in my ear when I wear digital at the highest hearing level and I gets that scratching scrappy sound it’s very uncomfortable I was told to get another cochlear implant for the other ear, No I just need an analog hearing aid

Have you tried Siemens Lotus 12p or Lotus 12sp (for severe to profound loss) ? You can get them off Ebay for around $100. Easy to set up yourself as it has trimmer switches. It is digital but uses WDRC. I bought one several years ago and used it for music, which sounded very like my old analog phonak aids from 20 years ago.

lloydhearingaid.com sells analog aids. There supplier is prarielabs.com. You can get custom analog (different amplifiers) with some effort or buy the stock version.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem similar to your hearing loss, I’m profound deaf and felt very comfortable with the analog hearing aids, it took me about 7 years to find the hearing the helped me to hear with a cochlear implant located by the other side of my of my ear, RESOUND hearing aid took my breath away and it’s digital!!! I thought I had to keep searching to get the hearing aid that meets the need. I’m hoping and praying for you to try RESOUND if you haven’t already done so, if RESOUND doesn’t work please don’t give up please keep searching, and keep the members informed, your post is helping a lot of us to let you know that you’re not alone