Amplifon ampli-energy R5 - what is this?

Hi, a friend of mine has just got a set of new HAs from the local Amplifon audiology clinic.
I know Amplifon buys in HAs from other manufacturers and rebrands them.
The hame of the HA is “Ampli-energy R 5”
Does anyone know what original HA make & model were used to be rebranded as the Ampli-energy R 5?
Thanks

Medical Device AMP ENERGY R 5 8C RD - AMPLI ENERGY R 5 8C R-D (medicaldevices24.com) Says it’s made by Sivantos

Sivantos Group - Home - Sivantos
Says Sivantos was bought by Widex 2019

That model was released at that time. Looks like aan Evoke 440 since it has a rechargeble battery and Widex didn’t make any others at that time,
Of course I only Googled that info and with less than 5 minutes of research I could well be wrong.

I had a patient walk with ampli models so I have investigated this recently

Turns out there are a number of different ampli energy hearing aids, it’s Amplifons category of rechargeable Ric/rite hearing aids that could come from Phonak, Signia, resound or Oticon.

You need the full model name or at least share a photo to know which brand it is.

Hi, my friend sent me the following photo of his amplifon HAs. They are RIC rechargeable and he bought an iPhone so he can receive phone calls on them and use the amplifon app to control them.

The tip-off is GN Hearing printed on the aid. It’s a ReSound aid, and looks like a ReSound One the way the receiver connects to the aid.

Being an Ampli-Energy R5 I’d guess the R is rechargeable and the 5 is the tech level. ReSound has three levels usually, 5, 7, and 9, with 5 being the lowest level.

I’d be curious how much these cost, and what the price includes.

1 Like

In the Amplifon system, 5 is actually the highest tech level, so these would be equivalent to their 9 series Resound One

Al

Thanks for the information. My friend tells me he bought the top level rechargeable HAs from his local amplifon audiologist so Resound One level 9 model seems to be the appropriate one.

1 Like

I wonder which receivers he’s using, regular or M&RIE?