America Hears AHPro 3 programming box

I searched here and found a couple other people wondering the same thing but no definitive answer…has anyone attempted to connect major-brand fitting software to the AHPro 3 programming box (or perhaps any prior version)? And of course then onward to the HA’s?
Again like the eminitec it has the same connectors and all…I wonder if this is yet another box that maybe just maybe could be used as another option.

This programmer works with America Hears hearing aids only and ADRO® Fitting software!

Thanks horia.
So what happens with this and even the eminitec when you try to connect to it with something like Rexton fitting software? Is this something you’ve tried to do?

Your hearing aids from which company are manufactured?

I have the Rexton KS7’s from Costco.
I’m using that as an example of a major manufacturer and their fitting software. I could just as well ask about Phonak or Oticon.

Do you have any programming box?

No I don’t.
I’m exploring all opportunities of alternative boxes. I came across the eminitec earlier and now the ahpro 3.
I don’t have a problem with the mini pro and with it being the least cost I would probably just get that in the end. I’m just curious. Short of laying out a pile of cash to try all of them …I wonder if people have tried them before. Or that if people have these boxes for them to try connecting to them with major-brand fitting software.
I think it could also be worthwhile to know all options in case of stumbling across one at a flea market or in the classifieds or something.

Hmmmmm, I have a computer with the female mini-DIN connectors for Mouse/green Keyboard/purple. Have you ever seen those?

I never use these connectors because I use a USB dongle for wireless mouse and keyboard. Aside from the color, they look identical to the female mini-DIN connectors on a Hi Pro. Perhaps our industry professionals who have been using Hi Pro’s all these years have never thought of connecting a pair of hearing aids to a computer using the mouse and keyboard ports?

Maybe you could try connecting the left hearing aid to Mouse/green and the right hearing aid to Keyboard/purple and see what happens.

If you do get a connection and the fitting software says the left/right hearing aids have been switched, then all you need to do is switch the left hearing aid to Keyboard/purple and the right hearing aid to Mouse/green.

Have you tried that?

— Updated —

Yes, I am kidding :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kidding :slight_smile:
Yes those are the old ps/2 connectors that these programmers use. They externalize one USB connection and virtualize a com port to it and then be able to access two outputs on the box. A little like a USB hub maybe even.

To the kidding :)…if we could virtualize a com port to those keyboard and mouse connectors then maybe. But I don’t think that’s doable. :slight_smile:

To Fitting Rexton KS7 HA, you can use only Hi-Pro USB,Hi-Pro 2,NOAHLink and ConexxLink programers boxes.
To set up of your hearing aid you can only use the Conexx Fitting Software.
I advise you to buy a Hi-Pro or miniPro.

Thank you horia. Yes you said that about the eminitec too.
If you possibly have these other alternative programming boxes, would you be able to see what happens when you try to connect the Connexx software to them? If you have already done so and found that they didn’t work then again thank you. Would you be able to clarify that you in fact tried to connect to them?

I will try to explain, but my English is bad , I hope you understand me!
Every company producing hearing aids has own software for the Fitting HA.
This software includes libraries for every model hearing aid that is produced by the company.This library determines the functionality of the hearing aid.
For example, Starkey’s Fitting software includes libraries only on hearing aids produced by the company.
For this reason, to set up your HA, you must use the Conexx Fitting software.
This library not only defines the properties of the hearing aid, but often includes a program code to determine which programmers boxes can be used.
In this way, you are limited to using only the software of the manufacturer and also the Programming box that the manufacturer has chosen to maintain.
In your case you can only choose between Hi-Pro/All versions/,NOAHLink,ConexxLink and miniPro.
I hope you understand me correctly!

I understand you perfectly horia. Your English is not, as you say, bad.

You are quite rightly answering the questions based on how the companies support their aids and software and hardware. Perfectly well understood.

DIY people, on the other hand, like to try and experiment with things to figure things out. Try a different solution to do the same job. Like converting a standard CS44 cable that works for one hearing aid by switching pins so as to work on another hearing aid. Hacks if you will. Workarounds.
It’s in this line of DIY that I’m trying to get to know if these other devices might work.

Like when the first person bought the mini pro and found out that it works perfectly as an alternative replacement for the “proper” Hi-Pro. So if someone has these other boxes then if they were to download fitting software and try to connect to them and if they do then go on to trying to connect hearing aids and finally see what happens. If they work then we would know that there is yet another option for DIY hearing aid adjustments.

Thanks again.