Am I the Only One?

me too , haved similar experiences.

2 Likes

Mairzy Doats and Dosy Doats and little lambsy divy.
Kiddley divy too wouldn’t you?

Mares eat oats and Does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy.
Kid will eat ivy too, wouldn’t you.

My Father sang that song to me when I was a kid. Thanks for the flash back!

3 Likes

My Mother sang that song to me as well So long ago…
Thank you!

DaveL

1 Like

Yep @Allen, a me too moment :rofl: Every single day, tonight it was “Jennifer“ from Annie Lennox, Eurythmics (1983, Sweet Dreams Album) that randomly popped into into my head, for no apparent reason… I loved all kinds of music, from Punk to Classical, but I suppose, Folk Music was my favourite, especially Scottish Gaelic Folk, singer Kay Matheson from the band Capercaillie, an absolutely stunning voice…But alas, I listen no more, apart from inside my head, all music sounds out of tune… But occasionally, I get stuck on a, Constant loop, repeat, repeat, repeat can go on for several hours :rofl: Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

It’s weird. It’s not a memory of a song it’s like a radio as said above. Sometimes songs repeat but usually it’s just the last half or quarter of a song. It’s not a melody either, it’svthe original artist singing and the music just as it sounded in the past. The songs change but not as often as on the radio. It’s not loud music either it sounds like it’s in the distance.

Right now it’s Time and Tide by Basia from 1988. It will come and go. It’s also only on my deaf ear. I never heard this before SSHL. Perhaps it’s a youth thing or memories from the past that were more pleasant for us. A phenomenon of some sort. It’s not a bad thing either.

1 Like