AirFly Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver - Would it work with hearing aids?

I’ve came across this

Twelve South AirFly Pro | Wireless transmitter/ receiver with audio sharing for up to 2 AirPods / wireless headphones to any audio jack for airplane, car, gym or home use

Would this be okay regarding any delay with my Phonak Naida P70 or my Oticon Xceed 1?

The reviews are really good but can’t find a review that talks about using hearing aids with it.

I might buy it but not sure, I should.

https://amzn.eu/d/7N3mLm9

1 Like

Direct bluettoth connection only to all Phonak hearing aids of Marvel-,Paradise-,Lumity-line of HAs.

For connecting Oticon HAs you need the Connect Clip

you may get delay (due to latency) because of the classic Bluetooth connection.
no use of AptX-LL for Phonak and Connect Clip , they don’t support AptX-LL low latency codec, just the classic bluetooth connection (SBC) is supported

2 Likes

Is it just hearing aids that have latency issues or do headphones have the same issue as well?

Seems to work very well with headphones.

Somethings don’t have Bluetooth and no form of direct input like older HAs. That’s why I thought I’d post about it.

@firenzel

1 Like

I think the largest latency will be with any Bluetooth connection. The additional latency of hearing aids is not that great.

I think for my Jabra EP 20s I would take my tiny ReSound TV streamer+ and a male to male 3.5 mm stereo adapter. I should be able to directly connect to the airplanes sound system. Their internal protocol has a 20 millisecond delay which is smaller than most Bluetooth connections. The ReSound Multi-Mic would work as well.

Other hearing aids have devices with 3.5 mm stereo adapters as well.

Phonaks should be able to use their Bluetooth 4.2 to connect to the AirFly Pro. . likely with greater latency.

1 Like

AirFly bluetooth adapter supporting Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX Low Latency Codec.

If the headphone support aptX-LL (low latency codec) then the latency delay is at minimum and not noticable.
aptX LL codec has minimal delay , also the new LC3 codec ( BT-LE Audio ) ,
SBC codec = classic bluetooth the most delay

1 Like

Maybe you want to find a transmitter that does both legacy
BT and the new Bt LE Audio protocols. Then it will work with your next set of HAs.

WH

1 Like