Agx7

I need information about AGX7 and what it means and the price range they should come in.

I don’t have a ton info as I’m very new to this, but I was also recommended AGX 7 and just got a bunch of questions about them answered by the audiologist today. The ones she recommended for me were the Starkey Wi series. Audigy gets them from Starkey, rebrands them, and uses their own software to program them so they can only be programmed at an Audigy affiliated audiologist. Mine would be the receiver in canal (RIC) style, but I think the technology comes in several styles depending on your needs. I was quoted about $4,300 for two aids. That price includes batteries and follow-up for I think three years… shoot maybe it was five. I guess I need to call back tomorrow to double check.

I have no idea how this compares to other places that sell this, or similar aids. That is my project for tomorrow. I also don’t know if different styles of aids (like in the ear or completely in canal) would change the price. I’ll try to share what I know as I find it out and I’ll certainly be watching this thread to see what others have to say!

Audigy gets them from Starkey, rebrands them, and uses their own software to program so why not just buy Starkey?

Aye, especially if you don’t get the standard of service you want in the future, how do you move elsewhere for adjustments?

I’m still looking around, but so far, it’s because I like the audiologist affiliated with Audigy. I have a reverse slope loss and I don’t want an audi who has never dealt with that before. I tried costco initially and the woman there had never fit a reverse slope loss before.
Like I said, still looking, but the aids are worthless to me if they aren’t programmed correctly.

Inorrect. AGX is Audigy branding. They have made deals withs several companies. This group allows them to negotiate better prices and longer warranty periods. They can be Oticon, Starkey, or whatever.

The software and devices are comparable to top of the line of the standard. The AGX branding should, however, mean you can get a better deal on it than else where. Do not let them sell you a line about it being better technology though - I’ve heard of some of them doing this. The AGX 7 simply means that it is a tier 7 device, the tiers going from 1 to 9 by odd numbers. This is not top of the line but good solid technology. $4,300 for the pair is about a standard price for this and should include free batteries for at least a year (a $50 to $70 a year value) a three year repair warranty (or better) and lifetime free in office service on the device.