Adjusting Phonak hearing aids volume: what’s the gain in db with each volume level?

Dear all,

I was wondering how much gain I get for each volume level when I turn up the volume of my Phonak Lumity HAs through the MyPhonak app (or simply by pressing the physical button on the the HA).

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ciao!

± 10 dB range in 5 steps, which would imply 2 dB per step if it’s a linear function.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

Are you 100% sure about it? Because after posting yesterday I found an article which said it‘s 3 db per level…

Thanks again!

Software says +10 dB and -10 dB in volume.

Each step has always been 2 dB, right back when I wore my first digital Aids of Phonak Spice Tech in 2011.

Up untill Marvel, the volume was +10 dB to -20 dB.

1 Like

Great, thanks for confirming!

And thanks to both for your help!

1 Like

The fitting software, Phonak Target, says

± 10 dB (± 5 steps)

so I made two mistakes.

Range 20 dB in 10 steps, so 2 dB per step. Tough to reconcile that with ± 3 dB per step.

It seems quite a lot, isn’t it? I don’t perceive really such a dramatic difference when I turn up the volume…

@DamonHill

Newer hearing aid volume doesn’t necessarily mean loudness.

Ever since hearing instruments were first introduced on the market, volume controls have played a key role. However, “louder” does not necessarily mean “clearer.” With the innovative FlexControl, based on the Spice platform, Phonak enables hearing instrument users to adjust their devices to make them “more audible” and “clearer” for the first time.

From my understanding, the volume is still FlexVolume / FlexControl.

Thanks Zebras!

Yeah, it makes sense also seeing that the MyPhonak app never really mentions the word “volume“ in the panel where it lets you adjust it.,