Adjusting Oticon More 1

Hello,

I’m very disappointed with my audiologist so I’m trying to adjust my hearing aids by myself. I am a beginner but there are too many adjusting options inside the fitting software and I got very confused. Can somebody advise me how to adjust my hearing aids. They are Oticon More 1. I attached photos of my audiogram and of my earing mold. I’m trying to achieve in general natural sound, clear voice and noise suppression.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, yeah it can be confusing to begin with, but really you just need to do some research and read the user guides before jumping in, so first you need to understand how Genie2 works, read the user guide and then use the demo mode to see what’s possible within your fitting, let genie do the first fit based on your audiogram, and after learning how to use genie you can then make further adjustments, I don’t use Oticon models anymore so I’m sure others will offer advice, but I will say that genie is one of the easier ones to work with.

I was wearing widex, 2 weeks ago I purchased Oticon more 1, the first days were very unusual. I wanted to go to the audiologist again in the early days. But I decided that I needed to get used to it and gave myself a week. It’s been 2 weeks now, I don’t know why I should go to an audiologist anymore, I don’t understand what I want to change yet. I can hear voice speech normally, but I would like a clearer speech. I doubt that an audiologist will help me in any way. I’ll keep watching.