Adjusting compression in Jabra Enhance Pro hearing aids

I am trying out a pair of Jabra Enhance pro aids. Have 4 modes 1 all around sound ,2.T-coil 3.Restaurant. 4.Ultra focus. the latter two have been barely tried but I am sure they will yield to some adjustment. As my cell phone (Motorola) is not one of the elite makes will not download the app for this model. However I have I Pad which will. The app appears rather basic. While "all around sound "works quite well It is horrendous with impact noise. A sneeze beside me almost knocks my head off and kitchen noise is more like a factory workshop. I am sure that this is a matter of compression adjustment but are the Jabras equipped with it and how is it accessed. My audio who seems fairly competent doesn’t seem to know anything about Compression. Any comments on basic settings for the controls available in the App would be appreciated

1 Like

I do some self programming with the Resound One 9 aid which is a copy of your Jabra’s.
The SmartFit software used to program these aids has multiple settings that can be adjusted for the issue you describe.
Are you a new aid user? There is a setting that sets the gains to allow for “New User”, “Comfort”, “Experienced User”, etc. If a new user ask what setting your aids are at. If Experienced, maybe ask to try the comfort setting.
There are adjustments that soften loud noises but I can’t remember under what heading they were labeled (something simple like, Loud Noises) but it was very obvious when viewing the options as I remember. It’s adjusted using a right/left slider control in one of the sub-programs.
Within the software there is a also a setting called, “Environmental Optimizer II”. This adjustment might be the key to the issues you describe… the aids being to harsh and bright with loud or sharp sounds and possibly not enough emphasis on soft sounds. I don’t think any adjustments thru the app will help, other than hitting the Noise Filter.
I am totally an amateur and only have limited experience so not sure I am being helpful or confusing.
If you are really interested in learning about all of the adjustments available, visit audiologyonline.com the courses are free and less than an hour. Watch a few of the beginner programming courses on SmartFit and Resound One aid adjustments. You may find that after a few vids, you will be more knowledgeable on these aids than your Costco audi.
Unfortunately my granddaughter was visiting the other day and I had my laptop open with some earbuds laying on the keyboard and she accidentally closed the lid and shattered my screen or I would fire up SmartFit and forward some screenshots