Phonak Acoustic phone program seems to not working

I’ve made my audi add an acoustic phone program to my naida paradise UP aids. She doesnt have a landline phone so we couldnt test it there. When I set the aids to acoustic phone program and try to listen to a call with my android phone I only hear from one ear.
I tried a landline phone at moms home and got the same result.
Do I miss something? Do I need auto phone magnets ?
I use a samsung s20 fe phone
Thanks.

Acoustic phone is working. Sounds like DuoPhone wasn’t selected to make it go to both ears.

Doesn’t matter what phone you use.

Thanks . According to paradise leaflet P30 model doesnt have duophone. I will check it in the Target when I get home

It’s on the P90 and P70. Unfortunately you loose a lot of feathers with the P30 range. It might not be available for your P30.

I’m NO techie, but I think the Acoustic Phone program should stream audio to BOTH aids whether you’re using a cell phone or landline. What I’m trying to say is that ANY phone that you are not paired + connected to should stream audio to both aids IF Acoustic Phone program is enabled.

What confounds me to no end is the key difference between Duo Phone and Acoustic Phone. I’d like to see a simple sentence at Phonak’s website that says something like: “Duo Phone only works if the aids have telecoil.” (or maybe it’s the opposite: “Duo Phone only works if the aids do NOT have telecoil.”)

There’s a lot of blather there about Duo Phone and yada yada, blahdy blahdy, but I still stagger away clueless. This can’t be rocket science! I DO KNOW that if one’s aids have Acoustic Phone capability, and you have that program set up on your aids, you CAN hear the phone’s audio in both ears. It’s not streaming, it’s STEREO. So you should’ve been able to test out Acoustic Phone at your audi’s using whatever phone she has (and come to think of it, how does she dial 911 in an emergency? She MUST have a phone there.)

I have NO idea whether Duo Phone would be a better option for me than Acoustic Phone, so I don’t have that program/feature/whatchacallit set up on my Phonak Lumity Life aids.

Re read your thread that you made a while ago that I posted above.

It explains that DuoPhone is basically sending the sound to both Aids.

Acoustic Phone program is just an optional program for your phone which actually reduces the highs as you don’t pick up the very highs on the phone.

DuoPhone used to be available on telecoil as well on older Phonak Aids but for some odd reason, come Marvel, that feature was taken away.

@1Bluejay

Here are the main parts.

1 Like

I did re-read that thread and am still confused, cuz both Acoustic Phone and Duo Phone appear on the Features list for Lumity Life L90 which I have.

Is it the case that IF my aids are paired + connected to a BT cell phone the Duo Phone is over-ridden by BT?

When is Duo Phone a better option than Acoustic Phone? I would SO love to know.

1 Like

When is DuoPhone better? When you want it in both ears!

You can’t have DuoPhone as a stand a lone program.

BT and DuoPhone are on different programs so yes. You have many different programs on your Aids, some which aren’t accessible via the buttons on your Aids.

Obviously Bluetooth can interpret if you are still connect no matter what program you’re on!

Acoustic Phone sends audio to both EARS, but not both AIDS. At the risk of sounding like a DUMB DONKEY, does that mean that Duo Phone sends audio to both AIDS if it’s enabled?

Cuz that would be just like streaming to BT.

You have two Aids and two ears. Some people have two ears but only one Aid!

Not sure how a Phonak feature can go to your ears without help of hearing aids.

Nothing like Bluetooth as that’s direct. Acoustic Phone you have to hold it to your Mic so some sound is lost as it’s in the air!

Yes, I totally get both of these statements! I have 3 programs set up on my Lumity Life aids: Speech in LOUD Noise, Music, and Acoustic Phone. So that’s it for now.

And yes, BT will stream a call to my AIDS directly, no matter which program I’m in. Even if I’m in Acoustic Phone. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, that is definitely the case. But if I had Duo Phone enabled, what would that be like? Would I have to hold the phone up to my aids and it would work just like Acoustic Phone, sending sound to both EARS?

(the distinction being that sending sound to both AIDS = streaming via BT, but sending sound to both EARS = what I get with Acoustic Phone).

With streaming, the sound quality is right into the ear via the aids; but with Acoustic Phone, it’s ambient, stereophonic sound. Not perfect, but okay if someone tosses me a phone that I’m not paired + connected to.

You’ve been using that feature for a very very long time. You’ll know the answer. DuoPhone is NOT a program. It’s a feature.

You’re getting very confused.

I’ve answered what DuoPhone is and what Acoustic Phone program is above.

On my P70. Does that help with the confusion?

1 Like

This is on the P30. DuoPhone isn’t available on the P30 for @eyesgreendeaf

SORRY! I got that nomenclature wrong. It is a feature - as is Acoustic Phone in the link I posted above and here.

Maybe Duo Phone is just an OLDER feature that did the same thing as Acoustic Phone, cuz there are links to it dating back to 2010.

Please see pictures that explain things as I’m unable to make it any clearer for you.

@1Bluejay