A Widex compatible bluetooth USB-C dongle for MacBooks?

Can anyone recommend a compatible USB dongle that has a USB-C connector that will allow the Widex Moment HAs to connect to a MacBook?

I could by a widex SoundConnect but it seems overly expensive (over £100 here in UK) and it doesn’t seem to come with a USB-C connector…only a USB-B type which means another dongle convertor.

Connect your hearing aids with your PC with Widex SoundConnect | Widex

I’m assuming that this is just a generic bluetooth adapter and wanted to check if anyone had any experience with using other makes?

Cheers!

There is an app called Audiorelay that I use to connect my HAs to my PC. It costs $15usd. It runs on Mac, Windows, Linux, iPhone and Android. I use USB-C to USB-C from my phone to my PC. It streamers Audio like Spotify and Zoom from the PC to the phone, then the phone forwards the stream to the HAs over Bluetooth. I install the app on both devices and set the PC up as the server. I set the phone up as the client and connect it to the PC’s IP address that shows up in the app. It is pretty straightforward to use.

It adds only about 1ms delay to the Bluetooth delay between the phone and hearing aids. It uses its own streaming method.

Anyhow you can try it out for free. Worth giving it a try. I had been using my TV Streamer for this but since someone suggested Audiorelay to me I have the TV Streamer hooked up to the TV :joy:. Good luck!

1 Like