A hack as Phonak have got rid of DuoPhone option with telecoil

I used to love the DuoPhone TELECOIL option on P2 so it’s one click away if I need it for a phone call suddenly.

From Marvel onwards, that feature was taken away so you can only get phone call in one ear.

This was super annoying as you got the slight interference in the other ear that wasn’t getting the call and also noise that you didn’t want to hear.

The NHS has reduced the gain/MPO to nothing in my left ear so I only get the phone call in my right ear, no background noise or interference in the other ear.

Very clever as it really works. I chose my right as my left always get infections and has done since I was a child. Very rarely my right gets an infection.

Not getting any type of noise in my left, massively helps with concentration on phone calls.

3 Likes

Clever trick.
I think you can also use the app to mute the sound on the left side but the app connects slowly
I dont know if oticon app connects any faster or slower

Do you know if the acoustic phone program works at both sides or from one ear only? I know I can only hear from one side but I am not sure if the program is activated on both sides.
Edit: In the app the activations seems two sided.

1 Like

It’s on both sides but as explained in the previous thread to you, you don’t have DuoPhone so you can’t hear it on both sides but if you swop your phone over to the other ear, it’ll be the same program.

Thanks . When I tried the acoustic phone once I’m suprised that I can understand it a bit better than with autosense. Still one sided but better than nothing

All the acoustic phone program does is drop the highs as the phones doesn’t pick them up.

I guess that means you don’t pick up as much background noise as you’re only amplifying what is needed for phone use only.

DuoPhone is what sends it to both ears at once.

I posted how the acoustic phone program re: how frequencies works in your other thread. There is a link posted there.

1 Like

It’s no big deal since most people dont use landlines anymore.

Thanks anyway. Helpful content for other people as well.

Works with someone else’s mobile as well as landlines. The lady says, “Here, take my phone and talk to Martha!” I take a moment to switch to acoustic and I’m in business holding the phone to my right ear.

WH

1 Like