2 Phillips 9040 hearing aids interfere with each other

I purchased a set of Phillips 9040 hearing aids from Costco and they work well. Two weeks later my wife purchased the same model and when we try to connect them on Bluetooth to our iPhones they seem to interfere with each other. If my pair is locked up and we try to connect my wife’s pair it knocks my pair off. Mine are no longer synced to the iPhone. If I try to resconnect mine it knocks hers off. Any suggestions?

Are you trying to pair both sets to the same iPhone? If so that isn’t possible with MFI which is what iPhone uses to connect aids.

Nope. Mine to my iPhone 11 and hers to her iPhone 11.

Then there shouldn’t be an issue. Just make sure that both set of aids and both phones aren’t close together when pairing. The other way to help is when she is pairing her aids is for you to disable the Bluetooth on your phone then reverse the process to pair your aids to your phone.

1 Like

Is that just when setting them up with the app the first time or is that every morning when we put our hearing aids in. We are usually about 40 feet apart when we put them in.

It should be just for the pairing to your phones and apps. I have the Oticon INTENT aids and tje Samsung S23 now. With my aids and app the app pairs the aids to the phone. What I remember when I was using the iPhone was I had to pair my aids to the iPhone then the app.

If you haven’t tried this already, look at Settings/Accessibility/Hearing Devices.

Try with one phone and the “wrong” pair of 9040s. If it appears, select it then click Forget This Device.

2 Likes

I turned off my hearing aids. I turned on my wife’s and looked at that setting. It shows my hearing aids and that they are not connected.

Try the other phone too. If it’s happening intermittently check the settings when it occurs again.

1 Like

If different Apple devices use the same Apple ID, they may consider the two pairs of 9040 as the user’s same pair of hearing aids.

I think that could be my problem. Both of my iPhones are registered to the same Apple ID.

I had this issue as I have Oticon Aids and when I go away, I take my spare old iPhone. iPhone gets very confused with the whole process.

I would call Philips at 800 327-4779 to see what they say, and also check with Costco.

I called apple support and created a new Apple ID on my wife’s phone and it seems to have resolved the issue. Both hearings are synced up on HearLink 2 and working fine.

2 Likes

I called apple and set up a different Apple ID on my wife’s phone and this fixed the problem. They are both working fine now. Thank you

3 Likes