ZPower problems?

I would definitely take them up on their offer. Not only is the charging approach different with the OPN S 1-R than with Z Power (S 1-R charges via induction; ZPower via direct contact; S 1-R uses Lithium Ion, etc.) but the technology behind the S 1 platform is also an upgrade from your current OPN 1 devices (feedback canceling is much improved). Additionally, your warranty starts anew on the day you take the new devices, and the charging system is covered for the same time period (three years) as the hearing aids themselves (including the lithium ion battery). ZPower (at least with Oticon) is a one year warranty vs. the longer warranty on the hearing aids.

You mention being concerned about the weight of the devices. Having handled both OPN 1 and OPN S 1-R, I don’t think in actual experience you would notice much difference.

Chris

1 Like

I would run to take up on the offer to switch to the OPN S 1 R as well. Wish I could have gotten that offer.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate your advice… someone suggested I ask for a 30 day trial period before I make the switch… I might ask audiologist about that although I’m not sure they will go for it, as she said it would "take some time " to get them if I decide to swap … not sure why that is - if they are back ordered or need some Oticon approval process or ??? and of course I just bought 2 zpower batteries on ebay (and zpower sent me one more as well…) so guess I would just have to “eat” that cost … I’m inclined to do the swap - esp if it comes with full 3 year warranty and wouldn’t impact my insurance (I get $2500 every 3 years and the next time I could use it will be next summer (2020) …

I agree with the others - Accept the offer to switch/upgrade to the OPN S1. I would want a trial also – negotiate less time if necessary. You are used to Oticon, I think you would be able to tell if you like them after a few days. I would make sure the OPN S 1 is 100 % brand new and not a refurbished set. That is an incredible offer. Your Audi’s rep is making this happen. I had a similar situation and upgraded from Alta’s to Alta Pro’s, after I had a lot of problems with the Altas during the first few months and then Oticon came out with the Alta Pros. The Oticon rep worked it out. Now I wear OPN 1 and would love the OPN S 1.
Let us know what you decide.

How would I be able to make sure they are “new”?

In my opinion it’d be a mute point whether they’re brand new or refurbished as long as you get the full warranty on them.

Thanks… guess that’s true… the email did say warranty would be “3 year l/d + repair” … I did notice the email said “OPN S LI rechargable” … it didn’t say 'OPN S 1" (I will need to make sure they are the 1 … although I’m not sure the S2 and S3 are rechargable? I’m probably way overthinking this …

I’d want to make sure they replace it with the S 1. It’s worth asking a question to confirm, then verify it after you receive it.

2 Likes

And my saga with the Zpower battery unreliability issue continues. I bought into the ZPower rechargeable system at the end of February. By the end of March, both ZPower batteries started failing (not lasting all day) miserably. Sometimes I only get 4 hours from a full charge.

Fast forward to today, after getting a new pair of replacement batteries from my vendor, it took only 2 months of use before one of the 2 new ones started failing again. I used to get 14-16 hours in the beginning, now only 2 months later, 3 days in a row, I progressively got 12 hours, then 10 hours, then 8 hours of use for one of them on a full charge.

Heck, I didn’t have to wait for 8 months for them to start failing like some folks. My 2 pairs so far have gone bad within 1-2 months.

1 Like

Have you asked about exchanging these Zpower aids for a different pair? Maybe lithium ion or batteries.

I didn’t buy the ZPower system through my hearing provider with my hearing aids. I bought it from a third party eBay reseller for a good deal. But considering how badly the batteries perform, any ZPower system for any kind of deal now is a bad deal.

1 Like

Ok,
I missed that about used. Tuff break.

It’s frustrating for sure. I’ m still waiting to see when I’ll get my S1s . I hope Oticon comes through. I got a battery from zpower when I reached out to them and finally broke down and replaced my right one since it was dying (luckily I got 8 months out of it though. Not as bad as your experience). Maybe reach out to Zpower? I messaged on Facebook and they were pretty responsive. I read where they are coming out with “second generation zpower charger” as well as better battery doors but I doubt it will be available for Oticon since they have moved on. I did ask zpower but they didn’t respond to that question… at least we can use disposables. Still little consolation for the battery issues.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve reached out and contacted ZPower directly per their contact info on their web page. I’ll report back to see if they respond at all.

Just an update on my ZPower batteries issue. I’ve reached out to both ZPower directly via their own online contact system, and to my eBay vendor, starlights_exclusive_savings (who supposedly had 100% eBay rating) about trying to get replacement batteries for my bad ZPower batteries only 4 months into my ZPower system purchase.

The answer was cricket from both sides. Not even an acknowledgement or any kind of response to my inquiries. So much for a 100% rating from an eBay vendor (starlights_exclusive_savings is the vendor name). She sells hearing aids and hearing aid related products on eBay.