Your DREAM features for future hearing aids

I have never gotten anything but the latest hearing aids from the VA

0 Likes

Yes - perhaps it’s already there with Google glass? If I didn’t hang here on this board, I’d be clueless as a moss-covered stationary stone. I wonder why Phonak’s Roger pen device can’t be utilized as the speech capture device that would then integrate with Google glass. Or … does the Google glass pick up audio on its own?

Ah, I should surf up to the 'net and find out!

0 Likes

Some kids at my local university were working on something like that. Though I’m not sure they got very far. It is something that is being thought of, however.

The new Phonak app will caption all of your calls, so that you can stream the calls into your ears while simultaneously reading them on the phone.

0 Likes

You need to demo hearing aids from various manufacturers. They do sound different. Don’t just settle for OK.

0 Likes

I had NO idea that was possible. Ah, I guess I shoot myself in the foot not having any kind of hearing aid app on my Samsung phone. It just bugs me that SO MUCH of our private life has to be handed over to Big Comm companies if we’re to have any kind of convenience. I object to having to share all conversations - with transcription even stored at T-Mobile servers.

On the other hand, I’m pretty convinced the NSA already knows who-all I’m talking to about what-all. Not that I have anything to hide …

0 Likes

A reasonable price as opposed to the absurd pricing of today’s hearing aids. We are all subject to the fixed pricing established by the oligopoly of hearing aid manufacturers. It is much like the food producers who supply our supermarkets. In one day, all the producers drop the volume of coffee per package from 16oz to 12ozs. Or, suddenly, all cereal boxes are reduced in size. What is the American Federal Trade Commission for?

0 Likes

^^^ So true. Let’s be thankful that hearing aid manufacturers basically strive to improve the functionality of these devices, as opposed to make them cheaper, shaving nickels off their costs per pair.

Why is it that whenever a product (be it a food item, cosmetic, household product, etc.,) is announced as “NEW and IMPROVED!” it is in fact, upon closer inspection, smaller, cheaper, disappointingly mucked up to make us feel like donkeys for even buying it! And of course, the price has been increased for this “favor”. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The rich get richer.
If you want gains in your stock portfolio then those gains have to come from somewhere. Lower labor costs. Less cost to produce products. etc. All to increase share value or dividends. Even the rich consumers of those products have to pay more for the products and get less of it that they’re profiting from.

0 Likes

I am living my dream with the way my OPN1 hearing aids sound and the fact I no longer have to have a streamer that is an extra device. And my Iphone and Apple watch work as remote controls.

0 Likes

A self changing wax guard system and extended battery life on disposable batteries (battery change every 2-3 months would be lovely thanks!)

Also batman style automatic retractable flaps which pop up over the front microphones to provide ‘super’ directionality when high-noise is detected - This last one sounds a bit silly but I did play around with a set of hearing aids a while back and fashioned my own cardboard ‘wings’ to create a complete physical block from all of the sounds coming from behind and I gotta say they sounded pretty good to me!

Happy for any hearing aid companies to contact me regarding my awesome ideas (shared at a premium of course :wink:)

1 Like

TOTALLY gets my vote! :smile:

What we need here is a “skunk works” team of future-thinkers like you to make these dreams a reality! If they would only LISTEN to us!

1 Like

Looks like THEY need hearing aids :smiley:

1 Like

@Dani: Nice job on the avatar. :smiley:

1 Like

AI to recognise intended speaker and used for noise reduction algorithm

2 Likes

I would like to see more functionality built into the apps which communicate with the hearing aids. I have downloaded the Connexx app used to program my KS8 HA’s. While I can appreciate that they don’t want to build all the programming into an app, I don’t see why they can’t build some of the basic stuff. There are adjustment levels in the Connexx software for the noise control used in each program as well as the degree of soundsmoothing and wind noise control. They are just step levels you choose. Instead of having to go back to the fitter to make those minor settings, you should be able to do it yourself with the app. These apps are essentially doing it to some degree now. You can adjust volume, etc. But you can also select three additional programs which are controlling functionality in the HA’s. It seems like a simple incremental step to let you control what is in each program.

2 Likes

Resound’s app has a lot more capability. You might download it and see if you think it’s enough better for your needs to be worth upgrading at Costco.

0 Likes

Hmmm–my dream hearing aid features --Does the name “Jamie Sommers” ring a bell? Seriously, outside of just not needing them, I think an all in the ear version of my current aids.

0 Likes