World's smallest Bluetooth module: Will we see this in next generation hearing aids?

https://www.everythingrf.com/News/details/10525-lg-innotek-develops-world-s-smallest-ble-module-for-iot-devices

They mention hearing aids as one possible use. Most of the new developments lately have been in the wireless area. Looks like a pretty good device.

1 Like

not sure about the same technology but I would say that the hearing aids that I am wearing has a smaller bluetooth chip than that chip they are showing.

Yeah, Chuck, I can’t see it used as pictured. They would probably do a custom version for HA manufacturers. Hearing aids have a way of squeezing an awful lot into a small space. When I looked up the Marvels on the FCC website and looked at internal photos, I didn’t see much that I recognized. I would like to see the factory where they are made.

You’d probably need a microscope!!

1 Like

Definitely! The last few years of my professional life, I did most of my work under a binocular microscope. The things I did would be huge compared to hearing aid innards.

1 Like

I left the electronic technician field because I could no longer see the components to do the repairs. And became a software engineer/troubleshooter.