Will Your Hearing Aids Be Spying On YOU?

I suppose every Bluetooth has a MAC address that is specific to its hardware, so it could be traceable.

Not sure about that!

On another note, I think it is primordial that HA manufacturer add a Bluetooth button on/off switch, so one can disable Bluetooth on hardware level, rather than go to the HCP to switch it off.

Just because youā€™re paranoid doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re no out to get you.:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Jeezz! Now hearing tracker is joining the conspiracy theory mob. Some folks just need to get a life, stop worrying about this stuff, and stop cluttering up this otherwise useful website with junk.

1 Like

Really,

@Gebjeff I am not paranoid, I want to have full control of my data and donā€™t want anyone to track me without my knowledge, fair and square.
Also, go tell that to the lady who saw her car insurance price skyrocketā€¦

@dacuttler You know that you are free not to read this thread, as for junk, you should moderate your language, this is a civilized discussion, if you donā€™t have any good things to write, help yourself and move on.

2 Likes

You are correct, and I will not follow this thread any longer.

Agreed. GPS takes a LOT of power, and between the size of the components and the power requirements will likely never be incorporated into the HAs. But, since the HAs connect to your smart phone with GPS, it would not be difficult for the HAs to track you. That is likely how the find your HAs functions work. They get position information from your smart phone and possibly continuously store the position in the app. If communication with the smart phone is lost, the app would at least know the last location where the HAs were in contact with the phone.

1. The thing about being paranoid is, you only have to be right once.
  2. If it hadnā€™t been for people like Julian Assagne, people in the U.S. and elsewhere still wouldnā€™t be aware of the underhanded, dirty tricks the U.S. government did against its citizens - and continues to do - even though they got a wrist slap ordering them to stop.
  3. Hearing Aid tracking - is it possible? Iā€™ve seen nothing in these comments or anywhere else leading me to believe itā€™s possible - or not. But at least, Iā€™m now aware of the possibility.
    Good posts.
4 Likes

Me thinking, new hearing aids could be using this kind of tech:

Basically, no need for a wifi, just being close to a smartphone with Bluetooth, thatā€™s it.

1 Like

The thing is, the phone needs to know about the aids and care to have any effect. Unless they are including tile or AirTag chips in the aids, or some other tracker that a significant proportion of phones look for, I find it unlikely.

WH

3 Likes

The mighty BALL PEEN HAMMER. Works like a charm.

2 Likes

There is a room at work where forbidden toys are not allowed to enter. One of my cow-orkers has HAs and permission to enter with them so long as he puts them in airplane mode and so far there hasnā€™t been any detections. You have maybe ten or fifteen minutes before they come for you if you bring a bad toy in the room.

I plan to ask for permission for my HAs. Weā€™ll see.

WH

1 Like

I remember going to a court house im Texas and being told no electronics, I pointed to my hearing aids and said without these I am going home. The guard said that my aids didnā€™t matter, it was my watch and phone that wasnā€™t allowed. I said we have a problem, my phone and my watch work together as remote control of my aids. Yes i was pushing it. I had asked to be excused from the jury due toy hearing loss and very low ability to understand what was being said. I knew this was a complicated one with lots of technical information. I was told they had someone that did sign language, I donā€™t know sign language. I had a short conversation with the judge, was threatening for not knowing sign language, my comment was I am hard of hearing not deaf, I use to have great hearing until my military service. The judge reluctantly dismissed me from jury duty. Well I now live in Arkansas, and due to my now recognized hearing disabilities i am excused from jury duty because of the fact i could be a liability to the outcome of any case.
Oh by the way even when my hearing was good enough i was never seated on a jury because lawyers donā€™t like a technical person that made a living as a troubleshooter.

3 Likes

I always picture an agent in a suit sitting in a clean room tracking me via phone or hearing aids. "Hmmm, heā€™s still playing guitarā€¦good Lord heā€™s not very goodā€¦wait a minute heā€™s getting upā€¦heā€™s in his carā€¦this could be good!..heā€™s at the grocery storeā€¦maybe heā€™s meeting with a Russian agent? better send in a team to check on the clerks and see if he dropped off, I dunno, an illicit music score. send in a drone, agent 99, so we can follow him on the ride home. have a helicopter security crew ready to go!!! "etc.etc.

in other words, being clandestinely tracked is far, far down on the list of my worries. Have at it, boys!! what a laugh.

5 Likes

My thinking is simple, I live a very dull simple life that would just put anyone monitoring me to sleep.

2 Likes

Good one!
:ok_hand:

I too wanted to avoid jury duty, so convinced my audi to write a ā€œTo whom it may concernā€ memo detailing my loss was severe enough, I shouldnā€™t be expected to be a competent juror. It worked. Never got a summons after that.

4 Likes

I live in California. I thought that pointing out my hearing loss to the court would excuse me from future jury duty, but lo and behold the next time I was summoned there was a court reporter designated to be my personal captioner!

Interesting the court rooms here at the present are still in the old wet times and electronics isnā€™t used or even allowed in the court house.

Not to get personal, but if you are 70yrs or older, and fill out the juror e-form, you can specify hearing loss, and itā€™s an automatic clearance.
Not sure what you can do if younger.
Maybe ask Gracey Van Der Mark!!

I am under 70, but regardless I am not trying to get out of serving as a juror. I think it is an important duty for all citizens to participate.

1 Like

The NSA is just š——š—”š—¬š—¦ from taking over the internet, and itā€™s not on the front page of any newspaperā€“because no one has noticed.
https://x.com/Snowden/status/1779920066840055847

1 Like