Widex programer

i just found the ipfg 2.6 software but the bolero q90 aids are not in that program either. so now i have 2 phonak fitting software programs and neither have the q90’s in them that i see. so what program should i be looking for or do i have to do an update on the ipfg 2.6 fitting software so it might install the bolero q90’s? thanks

As I previously said, you need the Phonak Target software.

ok i think i found the target software seems phonak has a few types of fitting software’s i found one called target 5.0 and inside of that software i see 4 models of the phonak bolero q90 aids. so now to narrow that down. now i’m going thru the software to see if my icube will work with this program

do you use the bolero aids? what i think i need is one that can move the sounds i can’t here good down into a place that i can hear better in. thanks

You need to install the Target version 5 and use the updater to update to current version so it will detect your newer phonak hearing aids.

Hey Bob, where did you find Phonak Target 5?

He found it under his Start button.

i found it online now to see if i can get the link for you. not under the start button. although pvc did have a lot of help in getting it with his instructions. when i went to his link the target was in red and he says that is deteriorated so i did some fat finger looking and it came up. so i’m searching the history to see where it was and then i will link that. so pvc can update his links also. thanks

Sep '16
this is where i found it in the forum this guy posted a link and it seems to work for me. maybe pvc can update his section if it works. i got the phonak target 5.0 program and it found the aids i was looking at in it and it has my icube programmer in it so it may just work for me. good luck. let us know if you get it.
Hello to all,

New version of Phonak Target is out (5.0.0.27661)

http://fittingsw-objects.phonak.com/SWUpdates/Target/Phonak%20Target%205.0.0/PhonakTargetCustomer5.0.0.27661.exe 154

I am reading/searching and trying to decide for my first HA and I am between the Audeo B and the Oticon OPN … (more towards the OPN based on what I am reading).

— Updated —

Hello to all,

New version of Phonak Target is out (5.0.0.27661)

http://fittingsw-objects.phonak.com/SWUpdates/Target/Phonak%20Target%205.0.0/PhonakTargetCustomer5.0.0.27661.exe 154

I am reading/searching and trying to decide for my first HA and I am between the Audeo B and the Oticon OPN … (more towards the OPN based on what I am reading).

so can anyone tell me if the phonak q90 will work for this loss! it looks like it may drop off at the 80 db level and i need more power as my loss is audiogram

the q90 range

Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes things get un-deterioated. Go look at the software thread improvement in this area. You can get the latest Target version there;

How to find Fitting Software to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY].

thanks found the updated one and it had the hearing aids i’m looking at in that one. thanks for that help

You should learn how to read the specs that Phonak has meticulously prepared. Here’s a couple of examples:

1. Yes you can use iCube to Program Phonak Bolero Q90’s.
  2. Yes the Phonak Bolero Q90’s have Phonak SoundRecover (a frequency lowering technique).

have not yet found the specs sorry been looking maybe i passed them on there site. but it took until today to get the model. thanks for that i will go to there site and see if i can find that info.

one other thing is most mfg’s call that by a different name so because i just don’t have that knowledge on the mfg’s terminology i have to ask. most of the time someone will just tell you without the lectures. but thanks for the answer

The specs are pointed to in my previous post. Just click the blue links in my previous post. One link points to page 3 where it talks about iCube programming device and the next link points to page 5 where it lists SoundRecover as a feature.

Here a link to the first page. Maybe you will find this link more familiar;

yes i seen that and thanks for posting those it helps save time looking. this forum is a very hard one to get thru a lot of different ways to go. so it really helps to have people send along the help like you do. we can spend hours looking or just ask again and someone steps up and answers it, even though i probably is answered somewhere else.

i went thru the phonak target 5.4 program and found the icube it uses and i did see the devices i’m looking at on ebay and it looks like these aids are fairly new being they were not in the phonak 5.0 program but showed up in the target 5.4 program. the ones i’m asking about are the phonak bolero q90 p aids. by any chance do you happen to know if they will work for my loss that i posed above? they have the thin tubes on them and it looks like those lower the amount of sound they can produce, but with the frequency lowering capabilities i’m thinking they will work. what do you think? thanks for the help

pvc this link did not work for me today. site took to long it said i will try later and see if i can get to that pdf. thanks

Phonak Bolero Q90 came out in 2013 so they aren’t new.

Instead of asking if they fit your loss, why don’t you find out for yourself by using the software that you have.

i ran them thru that software but that really doesn’t tell me anything in particular. as it shows the range under what i have for my audiogram and i can’t tell if that means they do or don’t.

the moxie’s i have now show the same type of pattern and they were given to me by a provider so that is not a given. as they are not doing the job.

phonak will not help as you know. i have asked every mfg. and all they say is go see a provider.

i do not yet have them to try so i ask just in case anyone here uses them and has a similar loss. to see how they work for them and then i can get some inside information.

that is why i ask. thanks

Look at the four fitting range charts on Page 2 of the sameo-sameo specs.

thanks. i see it looks like the thin tube setup is not going to work or will be a bit iffy at the higher frequencies, and then maybe that shift will help i will not know for sure until i try them. then if the thin tube faisl to helo i can go to the ear hooks.

it also looks like these have all the key features that should make them a real good device.
on thing one person said they are from 2012 and that pdf you sent says 2015. so that is a bit confusing. even if they are older they will be a good test and if this type works then i know what to get new next time i have to get them. thanks for all the help.