Widex Passion

Just curious as my trial period is nearing the end; have you been using HA in the past and what other HA did you consider? Why the Passion over say the Dot or Delta? Thanks, George

delta is a somewhat old instrument (3 years) so the newer instruments
either passion or Dot have more features for the price…

I’m curious to know if anyone has tried both the Delta and the Passion to compare?

Danny.

passion HAS TO BE a better instrument… It is a new instrument
released @ the EUHA 2007 (end of year)
The large bandwith in itself is a big plus!

I wor Widex cic for 3 years. These are VERY small, receiver in ear eliminates occlusion, don’t even know you have them. I tired Starkey 1200 open fit as well as Sieman and voice rec much worse on both. The tubes did not stay put in ear, and were not very good in noisy situations. This is brand new technology, smallest aids on mkt and fully automatic. I did not buy remote as my audi and Widex rep felt it was unecessary and I feel they were correct.

I am not an expert, just know what works for me, and these are the best I have tried.

Went back for an adjustment yesterday and decided to have molds made for custom receiver’s as the standard ones keep coming out. Still very impressed! I do like the remote too.

Mine was coming out initially but is just tight now with the larger dome and three wire (I think) instead of two. Good luck. George

Well, I now have had the custom ear molds for a week. THEY HURT! After cutting into both ears due to being so thin I am going back to my Audi tomorrow. The remote was fun at first but I always go back to the original program. I will return it tomorrow as the cost is $300 without any true advantage. I have gone back to the Diva’s until I see if the ear pieces can be fixed. This may be the end of the road. :confused:

Got the new molds yesterday and so far so good. No sharp edges on these.

Went to my Audiologist (3rd visit), and she surprised me when I walked in and she said she had a new aid for me to try - Widex Passion. This HA is amazing to watch the programming. She tested my hearing with alot of different tones with the hearing aids on. Ran some other test and then as we spoke, especially her voice as she was trying to get her voice up to the peak. The individual tone 100 up were bouncing up and down and she talked. She then took that data and programmed my Unitron 16’s. She sent both aids with me, and I am currently wearing the Passion’s. The passion cannot be adjusted on the aid, but everything has to be done thru a remote control. You can have up to 3 programs and volume.

She wanted me to try the Passion’s as they have about 25 of these out and are getting nothing but great responses and the main thing she is hearing is that they (customers) are getting better clarity, sound more natural and smoother. You are not suppose to need a telephone program, thus no t-coil.

The passions are giving me different sounds - I like this. I am getting some additional clarity too. The things I do not like about the Passion is the 10 battery and no t-coil. They are very small, and the color can be changed in the office as she did for me. I chose a copper color, but the hot pink and lime green were pretty too. We did not discuss price, but I belive this is alot more expensive if my memory serves me.

I have tried a variety of hearing aids since this all began…with first HIS, what a joke compared to my current one, I tried the delta 6000’s and the Vigo Pro. Could not get the clarity, feedback issues corrected.

Current audiologist I have tried the Audeo V (which we have completely ruled out now), Next 16 (big contender), and now the Passion.j

Hope this helps somone considering one of these Aids.

I wanted to see how those that have been wearing the Widex Passion’s for a while are doing with them. Do you still like them? Had any problems? Would you still purchase them today given the choice and information you have now?

I am liking these little things. The clarity and the different sounds I am hearing is really good. Today, I heard things where others didn’t. WOW! I think that is a first.

I did not question the price - but knew that the Passion’s were alot more expensive than my payment for the Audeo V’s. My Audi (we discuss alot thru email) just told me that they were having a special and the Passions were just $200.00 more than my Audeo V’s. THAT is GREAT!!

For those that wouldl like to know:

I received the remote to the Widex Passion today. Very visible and user friendly. You can have up to 5 programs - I only have 3, plus volume that goes from 1 - 13 in levels. It comes with a little black case that can be clipped to your belt or it has a little silver ring that you can clip on your purse. I can see where you could put it on a lanyard and hang it from your neck if wanted.

I still like the passions…

It is hard to believe that after 41/2 months, the right (I hope) HA has been found.

My best wishes for everyone out there; be persistent and have patience. My best advice is to find a knowledgeable Audi!

I’ve been using Passion for the last week. I really like them, but I have one really seriously annoying problem. It seems when the volume of my voice or sound around me gets high, I will detect a click/snap sound. It happens a couple time in a sentence. It seems to be associated with the volume. The audiologist and Widex customer support have never heard of this.

Anybody else have this? Any solutions?

Hi Irene:

I am sorry that you are having this problem. Be persistent and have them call Widex. My Audi gets on the phone with them if she is having a problem!

I have not had this problem.

My audiologist has recommended the Passion and it’s encouraging to read the good reports here. I’m getting my aid in two weeks, and I have a question that she wasn’t able to answer. Is it possible to use regular headphones with this hearing aid if the cups of the headphones go over the entire unit? Has anyone tried this?

I’ve had an in-the-ear aid in the past and have enjoyed being able to use regular headphones.

Sorry for the delay…but yes you can. I do this all the time.

I just ordered a pair of Widex Passion’s today. I had been considering the ReSound Dot 30 or the Oticon delta 8000. But my audiologist strongly recommended the Passion, she said they work better in a nosey environment. This is my first time wearing a HA and would like to know how the other HA compare.
Also the Passion’s are costing me $5800.00, is that a fair price? They are a lot, but I think that about the going rate.

delta 8000, is old tecnology - so either passion or dot 30 would be a lot better. While Im not a Widex fan, I would say i would prefer passion over the dot, as i would prefer a HI with a an extended bandwith. I believe there is also a mind instrument which seems even better.

Check out their latest product.
Just released 3 weeks ago.

do a google on the subject

Roger