I have tested the Widex Dream 440 for two weeks. I am going to my audie today for my two weeks adjustment. I had one previous adjustment and asked for time to better trial these before returning.
I still would like to hear from other users of this hearing aid. Your experience will teach me how to best have my audie tweak my aids to give me their best performance. Please let me know your likes and dislikes. They were so expensive that I just have to make them work well for me! Thank you.
Here is the list of issues I am asking my audie to address today.
- Biggest and MOST ANOYING issue – Random feedback squeals during the day in either hearing aid either with a certain frequency (mouse click, putting a spoon on the counter) or at random (worse!). This has not happened with any other hearing aid I’ve had.
- The hearing aid picks up some basic hum in quiet (i.e. I’m in the laundry room and all I hear is a background hum).
- I am still asking my husband to repeat words and he is getting angry (although he says he is only getting “frustrated”.
- Although the clarity of the words is better with this hearing aid that with the Oticon, the background noise in restaurants is still too high and it makes trying to hear very strenuous.
- The volume on the cell phone is now too low even if I trun the volume on the phone all the way up.
- In quiet environments, I still cannot clearly hear well people with soft voices.
- The sounds of people’s voices is “tinny”. I can live with this if it helps clarity, which seems better than with the Oticon, but it sounds abnormal.
- The music program is a disappointment. It is better than the Oticon without the program, but, in my car for example (even with no air conditioning and the windows closed), there is a background “whooshing” noise which drowns out the music unless I turn the music up very loud.
- The music program accentuates the high frequencies and “bass boom” and seems to miss other low frequencies. I can only listen to music in the “master” program due to the “whooshing” of the music program.
- I can understand speech on the television, but I have to be right in front of the TV screen to hear it so that the volume is comfortable for my husband.
- Clarity of speech is improved both in person and on TV over my old Oticons.
- I can hear others speaking at a larger table.
- Enjoying music seems as if it might be a possibility again with tweaking.
- The phone program works very well. I did not need much captioning on my land line.