Why wait to insert new batteries in their receptacles?

You’ve already admitted that you don’t have the patience to wait. I assume that you also don’t have the patience to wait for the aids to notify you that the batteries are dying. So just put them in and move on. Just out of curiosity. Do you have the patience for your cat to start or do you immediately put it in gear hoping it will start moving

I had to go back through the thread to determine whether you were attempting humor, especially as regards my cat. Referring to “wait for my cat to start” I wondered whether you thought I was a heavy equipment operator (I’m not).

I’m quite sure you don’t live with a cat (I’d never demote a domestic cat by claiming I OWN one; I’m lucky enough to have one agree to live with me and terrorize my English Lab puppy, which outweighs him by 4:1 but is still terrified to cross him.

Actually, I was just curious as to whether there was much contemporary data on this issue, because sometimes I do wait, and I am cheap, and I don’t see that it makes much difference. My 312s seem to last about 6 days, and although I’ve not tracked their survival, I’ve discovered that once I get the first double-chime warning of one’s exhaustion, or even waited until it shuts down, I can get them to power up my Phonak Audeo Marvel again and provide another day’s worth of electrons sometimes. In the pandemic, I’m rarely doing anything important, which is why I have time to fret over issues like this :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with your aids. My old Phonak Audeo S did that as well.

Jim

1 Like