Why do people have a cell phone and a landline phone?

Because i have younger kids and i dont want them having a cellphone. A family of 5… I will not pay for 5 cell phones!!! Much cheaper one land line and each pays for their own cell phone. Because a land line is stable. If we need 911 and no electricity it’s fine. Because a landline is clearer at times. If it were not for my bluetooth ha i cannot hear my cellphone but my home phone is so much clearer. Because i like my landline.because some ppl from other countries cant call a cell phone with out is costing a fortune. And some countries camt receive phone calls from cell phones :). And my father lives in one of those countries for some weird reason.

1 Like

I so agree what all you said,I have both,when I am at home the landline is all I use,I take my cell when I go out and that is for,letting family know where I am,I have a lap top computer for everything else,I have no need to have my life on my cell!

I also have both. I think there is a good argument for for the land line, particularly if you have severe hearing loss like me. We use Basic Talk which works off our Wi-fi connection and is very reasonable at about $15/month. The speakerphone is easier to use on the landline than on the cell. We use Tracfone as our service provider for the cell phone and do not typically carry the phone with us when we are out of the house. As a tip, wireless land line phone sets can be picked up very reasonably at garage sales with so many people doing away with their landlines.

1 Like

We still have both, but I can’t hear on the landline so I never use it… We only keep it because of an elderly parent still uses it. Because he doesn’t have a mobile phone. We get a hell of a lot of scammers who use our landline though.