Which Model of Phonak Do I Have and App Question

I got new HAs from the VA today. They are described as Audeo P90-13T. Please tell me what is the Model that corresponds to a device sold in the commercial market. They replaced a pair of Resound Lynx 2’s that were getting old. The Phonak app can only be described IMO as terrible, reminiscent of Windows 286…utterly unreliable on my iphone 12 pro max, sometimes connected to BT, more often not, and etc. Your advice will be appreciated, Thanks

VA has given you the same aids as you would get in a commercial market, I know I have been getting my aids from the VA for 15 years. The aids you have are the Phonak Audeo Paradise aids. As far as the app is concerned I have no ideal about it. But in general I have found all hearing aid apps as being not much more than useless.

1 Like

Thank you. Please tell me how you control your Phonaks w/o the app. Other HAs allow use of the accessibility part of settings by that doesn’t seem to be the case with mine.

Sorry I don’t have Phonak aids I have Oticon aids and have been wearing Oticon aids for over 11 years. No not the same aids, but I always choice Oticon for my aids because I like the sound. and to answer your question I mostly us the controls on the aids for my controls. But the Oticon ON app is useable for the TV app and a few other functions. But Oticon chose to use MFI so I can use me iPhone SE2020 control panel to control my aids.

I hope you know that you have up to 180 days to say you don’t want the aids and request a different set of hearing aids.

Hello @greenknight, the Phonak app is slightly flaky, most hearing aid apps unfortunately are, a newer version is allegedly in the pipeline in the not too distant future…… Paradise aids are excellent, but as Chuck says you can return them, if you are not happy, and get something else. Cheers Kev.

I believe you have a toggle on top of each aid. These can do most anything needed when set up as you like in the Phonak Target software. Volume, program, answer phone call, hang up on phone calls and probably other things too.

You just need to learn about your aids. They are very nice aids.
Good luck.

1 Like

You have two buttons on the aids. These can be programmed by your audi. Usually they are set so that a short press controls volume one button on each aid for louder, the other for softer. A long press will usually change to custom programs set by your audi. When paired with your phone the buttons can be used to answer a phone call.

Jim

Isn’t there also a “tap” function on these aids?

I believe the rechargeable version has the tap functions, not the battery version.

2 Likes

Good point! I wasn’t paying attention to the “13” part. Yes, tap function is only in rechargeables.

1 Like

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I asked the VA audiologist for the non rechargeable version as I often find myself away from a source of power for the charger. I have no doubt that the Audeo 90 is an excellent HA, the sound fidelity is stunning compared to the Resound Linx 2 that I wore for the previous 4 years. The issue for me is that the app is limiting the utility of the Audeo 90 since it is fraught with issues that are discussed frequently around the net. The app for the Starkey Halo 2400, bought in 2016, and the resound app for the Linx 2 were both “excellent” compared to the Phonak app (IMO). I am truly perplexed by the instability, inconsistency, and general inadequacy of this app.

1 Like

Tap functionality is only on the rechargeable aids not the 13s.

1 Like

Welcome to the club!
I had a pair of the Audeo Marvels last year from the VA after 7 years with Oticon.
The App is definitely the weak point, 'cause the aids are pretty good.
Trouble is, anytime the app loses focus it disconnects.
Never been fixed, I guess.
I’m back with Oticons, and while their app is minimal, at least it is stable.

1 Like

I have been wearing Oticon aids for 11 plus years, my reasoning is my aids are doing close to my needs and better than any others have tried. Apps are the last thing on my list of desires. I just want to understand speech, and to hear the environment around me as much as possible. While I depend on streaming my calls and the TV, I can control everything from my iPhone control panel.

2 Likes

I have heard Phonak was going to fix the app for a few years. The app works the same for Marvels.

1 Like

Greenknight: I wore the Starkey Halos i2400s and used the Starkey App for several years. Last March, I got the Audeo P90-R thru the VA along with the Phonak App. I was disappointed with the Phonak App running on my iPhone 10SE. The first month or so was a battle with the app until I figured out how little the app could do and I got use to the HAs. I found the HAs did so much, the app was hardly needed. There are a couple of situations where I do use the app to make a volume or minor change but that is about it now.

I don’t know if the app just beat me down or what, but I am happy with the HAs regardless of the app.

I got the Partner Mic thru the VA. That really makes a difference hearing my spouse in restaurants or other noisy venues.

2 Likes