Which hearing aid for frequency transposition

For my hearing loss, which hearing aid’s frequency transposition would give me the best results in speech recognition? In other words, who has the best frequency transposition scheme, for my loss. Especially interested in the Resound Cala/Linx2, Kirkland 7 (Siemens Primax7), and Phonak Venture, because I can get those cheaper at Costco (assuming about the Phonak), but if another brand is clearly better…

I have the Kirkland 5 (Resound Verso) now and they don’t have frequency transposition. Am I right in thinking FT would give me a good boost in speech recognition?

I don’t think frequency lowering technology will provide much benefit in your case. These algorithms generally move sounds in the 4 to 6 kHz range into the 3 to 4 kHz range. But your hearing in the lower region is not better than the higher region. And moving sounds below 3 kHz will have a negative impact on sound quality.

If you accessories work with the Resound Cala, that would almost make the cost the same after the savings. You might want to sample both.

For some situations, like meetings, I need all the help I can get and wouldn’t care if it sounded strange if it helped word recognition.

Is there a brand that is better at lowering into the 2k-3k than other brands?

— Updated —

For some situations, like meetings, I need all the help I can get and wouldn’t care if it sounded strange if it helped word recognition.

Is there a brand that is better at lowering into the 2k-3k than other brands?

I would suggest trying the new Phonak Audéo B. It has an adaptive frequency compression feature called SoundRecover2 which activates when there is significant high frequency energy present in speech. In your case, it would apply compression between 1.8 kHz and 3 kHz as needed, thereby preserving sound quality in the mid frequencies when the speech signal has more low frequency content than high.

What happened to doubledown anyhow? Havent seen a post for ages!

I gotcha. Thanks.

— Updated —

I gotcha. Thanks.