Where to buy a Roger Installer?

Hi all - I am now starting to enjoy the benefits of the Roger Pen, and am using it with my Brio3/B90 aids with the Roger X attached to the Compilot. I am beginning to see Marvels coming up on eBay every now and again, and am tempted to go for it. I have Target, and am fairly confident at self-programming, but looks like the missing link would be a Roger Installer to transfer the liscence from the X to the Marvel (and I know I’d need 2 at some point). Does anyone know how I could get my hands on a Roger Installer as I can’t find any sellers online? Cheers, Bob

Is the correct name for this device “ Roger Installer”?

Just took a quick look.

Q: How can a Roger receiver be installed into a Marvel hearing aid?

A: Installation of a Roger receiver into a Marvel hearing aid can be done using either:

• the Roger X and the Roger Installer or
  • one of the Roger iN microphones

The new Roger X must have a serial number of 1744xxxx or greater to be compatible and installed into a Marvel hearing aid.

Here is the page from Phonakpro.
https://www.phonakpro.com/us/en/support/product-support/wireless-accessories/roger-receivers/faqs-roger-receivers.html

I had bought a Roger Installer and now I plan to sell it.

Hi there, what’s the cost for it.

Hi Menglxs - I’d definitely be interested - I’m not sure how much postage to the UK would be, but how much are you hoping to sell it on for? Cheers, Bob

1 Like

Hi all, I am also look to access the Target software (COVID is causing me great anguish) and need to make some minor adjustments.

Thanks in advance.

I would love to buy a Roger Installer. If someone has one to sell, please contact me. Thank you!

@GoldenStateWarrior

Lot of 2 Phonak Roger Installer Make offer! | eBay

@Zebras, I saw that one, but being sold “for parts or not working” without refund/return for $600 + shipping to the US does not seem reasonable, and seller did not appear to be much willing to negotiate the price… any other leads?

A question I would first as the seller, if they had been using the hearing aids with any Roger devices, and what. Because it maybe that they may already have licences installed on them, being secondhand and used with Roger devices.

Check out these eBay sellers, if it’s available they’ll be able to get one.

1 Like

@GoldenStateWarrior I sold a Roger Installer to @WestEndBob WestEndBob back in June of last year. I believe hearing aid users don’t need the Roger Installer long term, so you can ask him if he plans to sell it.

2 Likes

@tenkan, thanks for these recommendations!
@BrBarry, the Roger Installer does not “keep” any license in memory, it really just acts as the “man in the middle” to “download” a license from a Roger X cube into a hearing device or vice versa. Seems the seller has no means to test it, he sells all sorts of electronics unrelated to hearing devices.
@menglxs, can try, thanks!

@tenkan I wasn’t talking about the Roger Install or the need for it… And I just re-read your original post again (not feeling well this weekend).
You don’t need to install the licence onto the HA’s (and probably can’t). You say you are using a Compilot neck loop with the Roger X attached to it. I still have that setup on one of my previous HA’s

What you will need to do/get done via the Target software is to pair the HA’s with the Compilot (if they are compatible).
This was the case with my previous 2 sets of HA’s and Compilots (v I & II), If I need to send my later HA’s in for service, I then had to get the Compilot II paired with my old HA’s and then back again on return.

appologies for been long winded. but hope that makes better sence.

Just wanted to share that bidbybid helped me out - responded instantly, created a listing, and I received one within five days after my purchase. Could not have asked for more! If anyone else is looking for one, there are still a few up for sale : New Phonak Roger Installer | eBay

3 Likes

That’s great news, thanks also for sharing the listings, I’m sure they’ll go quickly ; )

Does anyone in the UK have one of these for sale or know where I can pay a fee to use/borrow one please?

Try this member,you could be lucky.

1 Like