What is this "hidden" button on my ReSounds from Costco?

Last week, one of my ReSound Preza HA’s would not turn on or charge, so I brought both aids and the charger to Costco to test. They sent all of it off to be repaired under warranty. This week I go to pick them up and they tell me they replaced both hearing aids with new ones, and replaced the charger too! But when the tech brought out the HA’s, she had a little ziplock bag with a small orange plastic stylus of some sort and a little instruction sheet. She took the stylus and inserted into each HA’s where the red or green mark is, and twisted the stylus slightly. I assume this activated them? When she walked off to get the domes, I picked up the little stylus and it was about the size of a toothpick and half as long. I was hoping I could keep it, but she asked for it back. I don’t remember seeing this switch on my old HA’s–I simply thought it was a spot painted red or blue to indicate left or right. Does anyone know what this stylus actually does, and where I could get one? Also, the replacement charger has a USB-C port whereas the old one had the micro USB as seen on many older Android phones. Thanks for any info!

It’s a red and blue marker to tell you what ears to go in. Nothing else.

Red for right.

Blue for left.

3 Likes

Realise this video isn’t your hearing aids but it shows you what I mean.

1 Like

Resound do indeed use USB-C instead of micro USB on their current chargers.

And I think @zebras is right about the stick. There is a red one and a blue one in each bag. These are for
Resound LINX Quattro, but the idea will be similar for any hearing aid. (And having now watched her video, she is showing exactly the same thing.)

1 Like

Thank you, everyone for the excellent responses! So it was much simpler than I thought. I was very surprised Costco gave me 2 brand new aids and a charger since my warranty expires in January. Thanks again!

1 Like

That’s usually how it works. Send in the old aids for work near the end of the warranty and the company will usually just send you a new set of aids. It’s just not worth spending time trying to fix aids that are pretty much obsolete

Sorry for resurrecting this thread. I don’t get what youse guys are talking about in that video??

How does rotating a plastic stick in the back of your hearing change a colored insert on the other end of the hearing aid? I don’t get it? It looks to me that you would have to pry this red colored insert out/off and then install another red or blue insert.

c2

ETA; Oh, maybe we are referencing different hearing aids for showing the purpose of the plastic sticks, right?

1 Like

When you get a hearing aid that is sealed.

It comes with a red and blue stick and you put in what colour you need and rotate to break it off from the stick.

Sometimes you do loose them, happened to me once. They don’t end up in the hearing aid, they fall off.

1 Like

Yeah, I got that part. What does it have to do with the picture in the OP/Original post?

The OP thought it was a hidden button to do something.

We explained it wasn’t an actual button but just red/blue markers!

1 Like

The video show a stick rotating in the back of the hearing aid. Okay, the end of the stick breaks off and remains stuck in the back of the hearing aid showing red or blue depending on your color-choice of sticks.

The picture from the OP/Original Post has red/blue indicators all the way on the other end (the front end) of the hearing aids. Are we talking about two different hearing aids? One that you rotate on the rear end, and another set of hearing aids that you pry loose and replace a marker on the front end?

c5

They are/do the same thing, the little tag on the end that you highlighted is to help you turn and twist the “stick” which helps break of the “marker” (plastic tab that gets left behind on the HAs)

Yep, I got that, again. But I give up.

If I ever get a ReSound Preza I will try using a paper clip to pry out the left/right marker as opposed to sticking a tool into the rear.

Oh I get my Phonak’s markers out with a pin as well.

Yes. :slightly_smiling_face: The stick in the the back of the one was unrelated to the marker at the front of the other.

And yes, the old marker needs to be removed for the new one to be installed.

1 Like